Quantcast

College Football fans, ever hear of Terrelle Pryor?

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
If you haven't you sure will soon!

he is a local kid who is the #1 recruit in the nation! I have seen him play in his HS games and believe me, he is a Man among boys on the field! lets see if he can carry that over to the college level! He is already 6'6" and #220. He was recruited in 2 sports and has chosen to play football in college!

the team around him is great, but he is just plain amazing to
!

we may find out in the AM where he plans on going to school, he has been holding off on his stating where he wants to go!

time will tell!

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
Yep, watched him play a bit when down in PA for Penn State games. Of course I'm hoping he says PSU having seen what they did with Michael Robinson but with JayPa as the QB coach the kid would be nuts to go that route. He'll likely go with OSU where they'll go on to dominate until they get to a bowl game. I'm hoping that it's not Michigan just because I don't like Dick Rod and there have been far too many consecutive losses to Big Blue.

Best I've seen in high school and we used to play AAAA against LaVar Arrington who was an amazing HS player as a LB and RB.

(turn off the speakers for the crap soundtrack)

cannondalejunky

ease dropper
Jun 19, 2005
Arkansas
he'll be a flop....just like "b!tch buttstain" (mitch mustang)...was projected to be the best hs qb and the number 1 recrute, and couldn't take the heat of the sec cried to his mommy cause he couldn't play, so now he's sitting on the bench at usc...he'll have a great college carrer since he only has 2 years left

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
he'll be a flop....just like "b!tch buttstain" (mitch mustang)...was projected to be the best hs qb and the number 1 recrute, and couldn't take the heat of the sec cried to his mommy cause he couldn't play, so now he's sitting on the bench at usc...he'll have a great college carrer since he only has 2 years left

I think it's a little early to call Mustain a flop, although I can see why you're jaded as an Ark. fan.
I mean, he's not "on the bench" so to speak because he stinks. He's there because he was ineligible to play due to his transfer. And if I recall correctly, still has 3 years of eligibility to play.
USC has far superior coaches, and a much better track record of developing QBs and sending them to the NFL than does Ark...Matt Jones not withstanding of course. :busted:

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
Seems Matt Cassell has a pretty cushy job (and paycheck) after taking only a few snaps at USC. Riding the pine there seems like it pays off better than starting at Arkansas. :busted:

Oh and BS is right, Mustain will have 3 years of eligibility remaining.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
I think it's a little early to call Mustain a flop, although I can see why you're jaded as an Ark. fan.
I mean, he's not "on the bench" so to speak because he stinks. He's there because he was ineligible to play due to his transfer. And if I recall correctly, still has 3 years of eligibility to play.
USC has far superior coaches, and a much better track record of developing QBs and sending them to the NFL than does Ark...Matt Jones not withstanding of course. :busted:
Matt Jones was a great QB in college, but what a flop as a wide receiver in the NFL. Rumor has it he's super lazy and doesn't like to work hard in practice. Oh well.

Terrell Pryor is alright, may be a great college QB but he'll just be a system QB somewhere and flop in the NFL.

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
Bro' I hate to talk trash to a local, but Mustain might be the real deal or not, trust me the problems at of U.of A. are where deeper than Mitch, his mommy and the Media. Hopefully with all the changes in the system( err wiping the slate clean from A.D. to Head Coach) brighter days will be forthcoming.

CJ I have more faith in Arkansas returning as a Football powerhouse, and Mustain being successful at USC<
than I do of your namesake (Cannondale) being made a mockery like other formerly proud brands like Schwinn,GT and Mongoose....

Please don't think I am trashing you, as i haven't met you and most of your post I find thoughtful and intelligent, but please take the advice of someone who understands the media, the whole Mustian,Nutt & Broyles
circus was a train wreck, and many faults occurred, and having Mustain transfer really brought them to surface.

CJ I want to ask you a question (and I will allow response's from the RM flock that understand NCAA football). How many top 25 NCAA football programs would have hired a high school football coach as a offensive coordinator ( and this is not a knock at Gus Malzahn ) this was done as ploy to bring Mustain to the team (think of it as a comfort zone).
I am not sure if Nutt was in charge of this decision or if Broyles pulled the strings, but it was a failed experiment. The reason we heard of Mustains Mommy, is the given fact how desperate the Razorbacks acted to get them(meaning Signing Malzahn to get Mitch) on their roster.

None of this should occur to a top level SEC program. Arkansas is struggling to be a top level SEC program, we have spent way too many years remembering how good it was in the SWC under Broyles and those few years under Lou Holtz, to assume now that decades, that Arkansas is a powerhouse and kids are jumping at the chance to play here.

I love the Razorbacks, but if I was 18 and had the chance to be a starting QB in the SEC for a middle of the pack team, or the 2nd string with the possibility of taking the starting job (even if I had to wait till my senior year) on a perpetual top ten team like U.S.C.

I would go with USC in a heartbeat (I don't like SoCal but this would be business)

I can't promise promise you a turnaround under Petrino, but at least the entire system and the old guard is gone. I really feel that Broyles had to much control of the team (especially under Nutt) It was time to move on. Broyles is a relevant to modern NCAA as is Don Shula is to todays NFL (and I am a lifelong Dolphins fan)

CD quit worrying about Mustain and enjoy the new Hogs...

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Yep, watched him play a bit when down in PA for Penn State games. Of course I'm hoping he says PSU having seen what they did with Michael Robinson but with JayPa as the QB coach the kid would be nuts to go that route. He'll likely go with OSU where they'll go on to dominate until they get to a bowl game. I'm hoping that it's not Michigan just because I don't like Dick Rod and there have been far too many consecutive losses to Big Blue.

Best I've seen in high school and we used to play AAAA against LaVar Arrington who was an amazing HS player as a LB and RB.

(turn off the speakers for the crap soundtrack)
Lavar was a Punk! (piece of chit) really... he went to school at North Hills, most of Bek's family went to NH. and my nephews said he was a piece of work! Of course you can get away with (near) murder when the coach of the FB team is also your principal!

TP, seams to be a better person than LA...

our football team lost to Beaver Falls in the game before Heinz Field... (a game we should have won) but we would have been destroyed by the Jayhawks! TP isn't the only great player on that team! It is loaded!

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
Lavar was a Punk! (piece of chit) really... he went to school at North Hills, most of Bek's family went to NH. and my nephews said he was a piece of work! Of course you can get away with (near) murder when the coach of the FB team is also your principal!
Not arguing that but he is easily one of the best to play in PA in a long, long time. He did keep his nose clean at PSU under JoePa's watch but nowhere near the squeaky clean rep of a Poszluzny for example.

Isn't Jeanette a AA school these days? Wonder how they would have faired against the bigger schools. Some believe TP's parents are pushing for PSU and maybe that's because they realize ol' Sweater Vest hasn't done much for keeping players out of trouble or that Dick Rod will use him as strictly a system QB and not have a chance to develop further. Not that I can say much for PSU's QB development. I keep hoping to read one day that Collins is retiring and coming back to Happy Valley to be the QB coach.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Not arguing that but he is easily one of the best to play in PA in a long, long time. He did keep his nose clean at PSU under JoePa's watch but nowhere near the squeaky clean rep of a Poszluzny for example.

Isn't Jeanette a AA school these days? Wonder how they would have faired against the bigger schools. Some believe TP's parents are pushing for PSU and maybe that's because they realize ol' Sweater Vest hasn't done much for keeping players out of trouble or that Dick Rod will use him as strictly a system QB and not have a chance to develop further. Not that I can say much for PSU's QB development. I keep hoping to read one day that Collins is retiring and coming back to Happy Valley to be the QB coach.
I think there were some others in the area that were better and better people! but I agree he was a heck of an athelete!

Yep. Jeanette is a 2A school and they were loaded with tallent! I think they could have given several of the 3A and a bunch of the 4A schools a run for their money! they had I think 3 other players that were major recruits to big D1 schools!