Quantcast

College Football - FINALLY

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
UCF vs SC and Spurrier.

Man I miss the Fun N' Gun. I think he waited a full 4 plays before throwing the ball down field for a 59 yard touchdown.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
College sports...

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ........ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.....ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.....ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ......

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
N8 said:
College sports...

awww you didnt get a team at your Community College?

Or

You were "that" dude that couldnt even find 1 other person (notice I didnt use the word friend) to go to the game?

***personally if the only sports that were on TV were action sports(gotta get the cycling some how), college and the little league world series Id be a happy camper :thumb:

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
awww you didnt get a team at your Community College?

Or

You were "that" dude that couldnt even find 1 other person (notice I didnt use the word friend) to go to the game?

***personally if the only sports that were on TV were action sports(gotta get the cycling some how), college and the little league world series Id be a happy camper :thumb:

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ..ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.......ZZZZZZZZ....

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
College Basketball, it's the one reason I wish I stayed at Gonzaga. The only college football teams I care about are WWU and WSU.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
UCF vs SC and Spurrier.

Man I miss the Fun N' Gun. I think he waited a full 4 plays before throwing the ball down field for a 59 yard touchdown.
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Woooooooooo Pig Sooie Woooooooooooo Pig Sooie Wooooooooooo Pig Sooie Razor-backs

rooftest

Monkey
Jul 10, 2005
OC, CA
The real SC (University of Southern California) starts at 4PM Pacific time this Saturday. It turns out Reggie Bush was also an all-American punter in high school. Sure to be an interesting year... :thumb:

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
I can not understand why college sports are so popular. Why not just watch professional games? The people playing them are better...

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
.:Jeenyus:. said:
I can not understand why college sports are so popular. Why not just watch professional games? The people playing them are better...
I don't think it's about who is the better athlete, but that collage sports are so raw. The players aren't doing it for a job, but to make the draft.

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Jeenyus said:

Snacks said:
I don't think it's about who is the better athlete, but that collage sports are so raw.
Also because for a lot of people that go or went to college, football (or your favorite sport) was a big part of going to college. There is nothing like stumbling out of bed (or the dorm floor), from the previous drunken night to crack open a beer at 10am to get started for a noon kick-off.

It also continues to be a part of what brings me and a number of my friends together to hang out.

Good times :thumb:

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
extreme2 said:
Yes, Rob....College football has finally begun. GO GATORS.......
:stupid:

Urban Warfare starts Saturday. Wyoming scares me, where is Middle Tenn State when you need them

**** Urban Warfare is a term to describe the new head coach at UF (his name is Urban), it is by no means meant to disrespect any actual warfare that is currently going on ANYWHERE. Its just collge football !

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I got my fingers crossed for Penn State this year... maybe Joe could pull off one last good year....

Colin

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
in my tiny apartment
Rob,

I think I may actually be going to the Gator game tomorrow. And since I've been told their is a surplus of beer in North Florida, I'll be sure to drink a beeer or dozen for you.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
College football is totally frustrating for me. My alma mater (and current workplace) has had a crappy football history over the last 25 years. 3 winning seasons, 3 rinky-dink bowl games and only 1 win in those bowls. Sheesh! Yet, every year I still manage to think that this is the season that they turn it around for good. To make matters worse, my boss takes sick pleasure in taunting me about it (freakin' Texas alum).

That said, I see an 8-3 season this year! Go Tigers!
:rolleyes:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
DNA said:
College football is totally frustrating for me. My alma mater (and current workplace) has had a crappy football history over the last 25 years. 3 winning seasons, 3 rinky-dink bowl games and only 1 win in those bowls. Sheesh! Yet, every year I still manage to think that this is the season that they turn it around for good. To make matters worse, my boss takes sick pleasure in taunting me about it (freakin' Texas alum).

That said, I see an 8-3 season this year! Go Tigers!
:rolleyes:
You sound suspiciously like a Detroit Lions fan. :think:

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Colin said:
Rob,

I think I may actually be going to the Gator game tomorrow. And since I've been told their is a surplus of beer in North Florida, I'll be sure to drink a beeer or dozen for you.
So I guess that means you are not gonna be around for Trail Maintenance.

You Rat Bastard! I may go to the Mississippi State game :thumb:

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Colin said:
Rat bastard?!

You mean trail maintenace where you 'supervise?'
5 OR 6 Years later, you can "supervise" as well. :p We did some good work Saturday. I even "helped" Scott move a 8,000lb log, along with various wheelbarrows full of dirt

Colin said:
Did I tell you I actually went riding a week or so ago?
no, did anyone see you?

Great games this weekend. My heart almost bleeds for some of the Hurricane Fans :cool:

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
.:Jeenyus:. said:
IMO: Free agency, too much money, and too many teams have made most professional sports suck. At least with college sports it's exciting and interesting. Other than the NFL, I don't watch much pro sports anymore. And I used to be a huge pro sports fan. Regular season hockey, basketball, and baseball =

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Colin said:
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
I even "helped" Scott move a 8,000lb log, along with various wheelbarrows full of dirt
Sounds like fun.

I on the other hand, drank my ass off all wekkend. I think I win.
Shut up :eek: :blah:

We are hitting the Bru's room for this week's game. Dont be scared.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
DNA said:
I see an 8-3 season this year! Go Tigers!
Missouri 41
Nebraska 24

That makes it 5-2. Heck, I might actually be right this year with my prediction.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
UT - big number
Tech - tiny number

i never would have guessed prior to the season that UT had a legitimate chance at the BCS Championship...then again, i didn't know the rest of the B12 was going to be so disappointing ('cept Baylor...they've surprised me) pie in my face. time to buy some Big XII Championship tickets.

i guess Nov 5th will be the day that the North standings are figured out.