Quantcast

College Football Playoffs thread

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
OK, so I don't watch pro football, it's boring as hell. But college is bad ass and I wasn't sure about the playoffs this year, I think an 8 team playoff is best, but oh well. I think Oregon has a chance as winning its first national title and maybe even the Heisman trophy.

I honestly think Oregon is the best team in the country right now and has the best chance at putting both Florida State and Alabama in their place.

I did want to see TCU in there, but oh well. They are not only a good team, but they play with some real style and just fun to watch.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My alma-mater, Clarkson has been undefeated several years straight an not even a bowl invitation.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I would like to see Oregon defeat the Florida State Rapies 580-3.
A friend's wife is the most obnoxious Oregon fan on the planet. There are few things in this world I care less about than College football. She cannot understand why I went to the University of Washington when Oregon has a much better football team. Of course she is atheist and a theology major so neither logic nor employment could be consider one of her strengths. Therefor my only interest in College football is that Oregon fails to win the championship, preferably in the most painful and embarrassing means possible.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Therefor my only interest in College football is that Oregon fails to win the championship, preferably in the most painful and embarrassing means possible.
Understandable.

Also, seeing the entirety of "SEC Nation" shut out of a championship for a second straight season won't be the worst thing.

Soooo I guess we should all root for Ohio State?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
A friend's wife is the most obnoxious Oregon fan on the planet. There are few things in this world I care less about than College football. She cannot understand why I went to the University of Washington when Oregon has a much better football team. Of course she is atheist and a theology major so neither logic nor employment could be consider one of her strengths. Therefor my only interest in College football is that Oregon fails to win the championship, preferably in the most painful and embarrassing means possible.
your friend sounds like a black hole. you might wanna keep your distance.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I have never been an Oregon fan because I am not a fan of using a school as a billboard to push athletic apparel disguised as charitable contributions to your alma-mater (University of Oregon as brought to you by Nike). But my lady grew up near there and is die hard, so I've watched them this year. The PAC-12 as a whole is legit, but Oregon has a strong team and will win their first ever championship.

Just sayin.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
your friend sounds like a black hole. you might wanna keep your distance.

I can't stand her and do my best to avoid her at all costs but she is the wife of one of my best friends. I'd be encouraging a divorce but he seems pretty damn happy with her. Not to mention most women find him repulsive, so he does not have many options.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Am I to understand that leaves Alabama for monkeys to collectively root for?
It does, but I don't like Nick Saban and the way he bailed on Michigan State.

So let me break this down from Michigan.

Alabama- Michigan State - Saban - BAD
Ohio State - (The state of) Michigan - BAD
Florida State - Rapists - BAD
Oregon - Funded by Nike - BAD

Let us not forget the Ohio State NCAA Violations in recent years causing a no Bowl punishment a year or two ago.

But, everyone likes college football better than the NFL because it's more fun to watch and the student athlete is pure.....

I guess as a collective monkey that leaves us to root for beer. Beer always wins.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
They mentioned during the Seattle game that Doug Baldwin has a masters in math and plans on teaching post NFL. He is a Stanford guy so you know he is no dummy, however his major in school was some BS major like science in society. The whole concept of a student scholar is bullshit.

Beef Supreme

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2010
Hiding from the stupid
I'm a Duck and a huge fan of college football in general. You Oregon haters can shut your whore mouths and let me suffer the inevitable letdown in silence.

j/k They are going to win this year.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
I think in the end, you have to analyze the respective team mascots to determine who's going to win:

'Bama: Crimson Tide (i.e. menstrual flow)...undesirable to be sure, but can usually be mitigated with a small cotton stick.

Oregon: Ducks...Think about that...they could've chosen lumberjacks (of questionable sexual orientation), or bears, eagles, wolves, cougars, etc...nope. They went with brightly colored water fowl, whose celebrity ranks include such bad asses as Daffy and Donald. But at least they're cute, right?
I guess some credit is due since they didn't go beaver like their instate rivals, as that presents essentially the same non-threatening issue as 'Bama does.

OSU: an acorn...a fucking wooden marble is their mascot. While I admit acorns can be a little tricky when they accumulate in corners of bike trails, they're more annoying than anything else (especially when they're lightly pelting your car parked under an oak tree). Not impressed.

F$U: a native American tribe that was all but wiped out by Andrew Jackson in a series of wars that bears their namesake. Unpleasant history aside, at least these guys were legit bad asses and could easily handle any of the above "challenges".

So with that informative breakdown, I say the Noles will win Lord Stanleys Athletic Cup

Beef Supreme

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2010
Hiding from the stupid
Oregon gets at least a partial win on the mascot front. As far as i know the duck is the only mascot to face fvck the opposing team's mascot during a game.

This is somewhat offset by Stupid Sexy Flanders Duck that Oregon tried about 10 years ago. That was the stupidest mascot trial balloon attempted by any team ever.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
They mentioned during the Seattle game that Doug Baldwin has a masters in math and plans on teaching post NFL. He is a Stanford guy so you know he is no dummy, however his major in school was some BS major like science in society. The whole concept of a student scholar is bullshit.
I think he's working on his masters, but hasn't earned it yet. Either way, props to him.