Quantcast

College help

L

Lightninleana

So, it's come that time in my life where I have to decide where to go to college... The schools that want me for thier teams are Lees McRae in North Carolina, Lindsey Wilson in Kentucky and Fort Lewis in Colorado. So I need your help for the Carolina and Kentucky ones... What is the downhill scene like in those places? Are there lots of races and good courses? I went and visited the North Carolina one and there where lots of hills but the coach said there wasn't many downhill courses around... and I've never been to Kentucky but I've heard there arn't many hills or courses there either...
So, I really don't know what I want to do... any input you could give on the downhill scene in thoses places would be helpful. Thanks,
Leana

DHanamal

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
Boulder, CO
I have to say that out of those, Fort Lewis is the best option. I'm actually consider Fort Lewis too, but I would rather go to CA, and be able to have no break of riding through the winter. Plus, Fort Lewis only has a 2 year transfer engineering program.

Apr 29, 2004
culpeper VA
forget about it. North carolina hands down. You'll be able to find the same type of riding anywhere in the east coast scene. Carolina is THE state for college. The state was put there just for colleges. I went to NC state, and it doesn't matter where you go in the state, it usually has a college, and that makes it easy to find people who ride and more importantly who are partying. Your about to enter into the easiest 4 to 16 years of your life, find the place that offers the most, and north carolina has all of it.

L

Lightninleana

Thanks, guys... but my final decision is Fort Lewis, that way I'm not so far from home, and I am surrounded by great riding. Thanks so much for your input...
-Leana