Quantcast

college websites

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
drive me crazy, they are all different. I think that colleges should all have a website standard. would make it so much easier to navigate the sites. just makes looking for a college so much harder.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
drive me crazy, they are all different. I think that colleges should all have a website standard. would make it so much easier to navigate the sites. just makes looking for a college so much harder.
I thought that's what myspace was for.

WTF is the point of a website if it's just like everybody else's?

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Which websites in particular are you referring to? It would be nice to have firsthand knowledge as to whether or not they're tough to navigate or if you just need at-home help.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
You? College?

C'mon, let's be serious here....

If website navigation causes you much difficulty perhaps a 4 year degree may not be for you.

jcook90

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2006
Connecticut
I agree, trying to find deadlines on some sites was absurd. Instead of just making them all the same, they could simplify our lives and make a page with all the important info. The fiske college guide or w/e it is is occasionally wrong too so your limited to just websites.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i want to go to college for civil or environmental engineering.
so you want to design roads that you'll still wind up crashing on?

and wtf is an environmental engineer? I've never even heard of that, does that mean you will become a dirty hippy with a slide rule and a measuring tape?

news flash: if college was easy, it would be called high school. its supposed to be difficult, and people are supposed to fail.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
wtf is an environmental engineer? I've never even heard of that,

news flash: if college was easy, it would be called high school. its supposed to be difficult, and people are supposed to fail.
Obviously you either didn't go to college or you didn't do so well.

The point of college is to get an education, not to fail, and to have at least heard of silly things like "environmental engineering".

greenchris

Turbo Monkey
Jun 24, 2005
DA BEARS.
so you want to design roads that you'll still wind up crashing on?

and wtf is an environmental engineer? I've never even heard of that, does that mean you will become a dirty hippy with a slide rule and a measuring tape?

PSP- the world needs ditch diggers...

I hope for your sake that you have the ability to present yourself more effectively when applying for college than you do when posting on this site.

Good luck.

r464

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
Earth
If a college admissions member does an internet search and finds PSP's posts on RM, things could get interesting.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

The point of college is to get an education, not to fail, and to have at least heard of silly things like "environmental engineering".
no, i did go to college and I graduated with honors (from a rather prestigious engineering college as well - Rochester Institute of Technology). What I meant by my statement is that college separates those who can from those who can't (and will subsequently fail). Some people just can't hack it. What would a college degree mean if any old moron could get one?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
no, i did go to college and I graduated with honors (from a rather prestigious engineering college as well - Rochester Institute of Technology). What I meant by my statement is that college separates those who can from those who can't (and will subsequently fail). Some people just can't hack it. What would a college degree mean if any old moron could get one?
Just as a point of clarification, I'm referring to colleges that DON'T have the word "community" in their title.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
To his credit, some of my engineering friends (electrical to be specific) couldn't true a wheel or install a bb and crankset as if their life depended on it.
sparkys are a totally different kind of engineer. totally brilliant in their field, but that's about it.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR

Nothing sucks more than getting a degree from a school or in a major that has a 0% ex-matriculation rate.

At a good school undergrad is for weeding out the weak.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
If a college admissions member does an internet search and finds PSP's posts on RM, things could get interesting.
Not that they'll be able to connect PSP with his real name, at least not easily. He'd never get in anywhere if they did that though.