Quantcast

College

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I'm going! I got accepted to Lehigh. Stanford waitlisted me, so I'm on the bubble there. Still waiting to hear from Cornell, Brown, Dartmouth, and Harvey Mudd.

That is all.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
I'm going! I got accepted to Lehigh. Stanford waitlisted me, so I'm on the bubble there. Still waiting to hear from Cornell, Brown, Dartmouth, and Harvey Mudd.

That is all.
great choices and congrats! I loved Lehigh when we played there! great school and cool campus!

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
good luck and congrats on getting in to Lehigh! there are a lot of wait-listed applicants out there this year.
Stanford said they wait listed 6 percent of all applicants. I guess they've got no idea what they're going to get, with some of the Ivys going no early decision.
fuzzynutz said:
Don't go!

Do you have any idea how much drugs you can buy with the money you'll spend on 'learning'?

Think about it.
To be honest, that wasn't something I'd considered. That would be a lot of drugs.

UNHrider

Monkey
Apr 20, 2004
Epping, NH
lehigh has some good riding pretty much on campus. Pretty rocky, but fun. Dont remember there being all that much else around there.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I've seen videos of the Lehigh trails. I'm hoping to somehow sneak out for a ride when I visit again. Probably won't happen though.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
if you go to lehigh then there is a chance that i will be racing bicycles against you at some point next fall. just be prepared for the dominance that is uvm cycling.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
I would hold out for stanford, the chicks are smoking hot, disease free the clubs are endles and the MTB trails are touched by the freeride god (huck-olotus) him self. plus you are withing 3 hours of every major california race series.

DO IT!!!!! DO IT NOW!!!!!

I spent two years there and it was SERIOUSLY the best time of my life

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
Colleges are full of knowledge.

Everyone brings a little when they come in.

No one takes any away when they leave.

It accumulates.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I got into Harvey Mudd. I'm supposed to be able to find out about Cornell, Dartmouth and Brown at 5:00. :popcorn:

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Congrats! This is a very tough year with more and more students going to college and more access for lower income students to the expensive private schools. Where I work, we had the most applicants ever.

Hunter

Monkey
Sep 14, 2006
The Right coast
Nice job mang! Need to do a serious survey of the riding available in those areas - it'll keep you sane when the finals hit.

Engineering stuff?

College is crazy fun and challenging.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Well, I visited all the places I got into, and all I know is that I don't want to go to Cornell. The other three all have their own pros and cons, and none of them stand out overall. I've got until May 1 to figure this out.

Lehigh has awesome riding, great campus, tons of well equipped shop space, and the students all seem to really enjoy being there. On the other hand, the mechanical engineering professors have a bit of a bad reputation on campus, and I was very unimpressed with all but a couple of the ones I met.

Harvey Mudd has awesome weather, incredible professors, the best food by far, gave the best financial aid, and overall a really nice feel to campus. Everyone is friendly, relaxed, etc. The only real problems I see are that it's fvcking tiny (may or may not really be a problem) and getting there is a bit of a challenge, since I'm on the east coast.

I don't really have that much to say about Brown. It dosn't have any big negatives or positives as far as I can tell. I liked it there, at it's clearly quite a good school. It just dosn't have anything really stellar about it, relative to other very good schools, or anything I really don't like.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Holy fvck I graduate tomorrow. I have no idea whatsoever how that happened.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I have my second interview with SpaceX on Tuesday, then leave for 3 months in Australia on Wednesday. Ideally I'll be able to swing it such that I have a job there waiting when I get back, but if not I have a foot in a couple other doors too.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Congratulations, man. Good luck on the job stuff. Too bad I never got to go for a ride with ya. Maybe another time.

I figured it was graduation today when I saw that every parking spot in the area was taken as I rode to work (I live on college ave between 10th and 11th, so pretty close to the schools). I still have one more paper to write...then I will have finished my last class ever...ever...ever...and then I can move on to the real procrastinating and pretending to work.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Mech? You shouldn't have too much trouble finding a job. Congratulations, BTW.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I have my second interview with SpaceX on Tuesday, then leave for 3 months in Australia on Wednesday. Ideally I'll be able to swing it such that I have a job there waiting when I get back, but if not I have a foot in a couple other doors too.
spacex? with the way you drink, they're gonna think you're a russian spy