Quantcast

Collegiate Nats - CU Boulder wins Title - Lazian Takes DH

DHanamal

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
Boulder, CO
From Velonews.com:

Backed by wins in both the men's and women's downhill event on Sunday, the University of Colorado captured the division I national title as the 2005 USA Cycling Collegiate National Mountain Bike Championships concluded at Seven Springs resort. Tim Sharpe won the men's race and Jessica Vogt was victorious in the women's race as the duo helped contribute just enough points to surpass Fort Lewis College and unseat the defending champions in what turned out to be a tight two-school race for the championship.

More Here:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/mtb.php?id=mtb/2005/oct05/collegiatenats05/default

snowskilz

xblue attacked piggy won
May 15, 2004
rado
Congrats! Tim's a super cool dood and great rider. Good to see some rangers kickin some doopanga butt.

Metal

President of FRONJ
Oct 17, 2001
Orange County, CA
MtnbikeMike said:
I'd like to see full results. Sanjay got robbed!
I think I wound up 15th in the DH. I crashed off the course and it took like 20 seconds for me to get back on. I did get 3rd in the 4x, allthough they think I got 4th.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
i was gonna go up there and shoot a ton of dope nasty pics to share with everyone, but i had to help a bro move at the last minute :think:

what was the DH course like?

adrock33

Monkey
May 7, 2002
kentucky
Congrats to Andrew Parson(Lindsey Wilson College) for winning Div. 1 mountaincross. That makes two yrs in a row that Lindsey Wilson had a gravity event national champ(Charlie Mooney in Dual slalom last yr.).

fortfun19

Chimp
Oct 28, 2004
Fort Collins, CO
Congrats CU, although I should hate u at heart being a CSU racer. CSU has never been better than 5th, and this year we were 3rd. Colorado represent biatches!!

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
bizutch said:
North Carolina schools finished 1 & 2 in Div II...go you bunch of unshaven hippys!

#2 in div II must be because mr swiss miss man Mikey Valach got first in mtnx!

DHanamal

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
Boulder, CO
fortfun19 said:
Congrats CU, although I should hate u at heart being a CSU racer. CSU has never been better than 5th, and this year we were 3rd. Colorado represent biatches!!
No doubt about that. Top 4 were all Colorado schools, this state owns for collegiate mtbs. Overall I was impressed by all the races this season, see everyone next year. Collegiate Nats will be going down in Angel Fire in '06, so hopefully the race can be snow and rain free.

heikkihall

Monkey
Dec 14, 2001
Durango, CO
As was mentioned before the only schools that were in contention this year were Colorado schools for Div 1. Fort Lewis College, Colorado University @ Boulder, and Colorado State University. Its a shame that Fort Lewis wasnt able to take our best team available because they only lost the omnium by 10 points.
Although since you are looking for schools in the Northeast UVM is usually the best Eastern Div1School. I am actually really suprised they werent up there in the results this year. Im not sure what happened to them.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
heikkihall said:
UVM is usually the best Eastern Div1School. I am actually really suprised they werent up there in the results this year. Im not sure what happened to them.
yeah, we got 3rd overall last year. i think they only had one entry in the xc categories this year, but the dh team is still fast.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
heikkihall said:
How did Slim Jim and Cyrus do? Did you race again Lee?
i heard they partied hard and need to pay for some condo damages. . . no word on results.

no racing for me unless i want a PhD.

Metal

President of FRONJ
Oct 17, 2001
Orange County, CA
I know sanjay said:
sanjay is off 2six, not really but that is weak buddy, no excuses
What can I say, I partied hard the night before. I might have been the reason for some of the UVM condo damage. I kept trying to drink my beer out of random things in there, including a wood/leather canoe thing.
Taylor, I should be promoted.
Oh yeah, security threatened to kick me out of the banquette within the first minute or two that I got there...fun times

I know sanjay

Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
The OC
Metal said:
What can I say, I partied hard the night before. I might have been the reason for some of the UVM condo damage. I kept trying to drink my beer out of random things in there, including a wood/leather canoe thing.
Taylor, I should be promoted.
Oh yeah, security threatened to kick me out of the banquette within the first minute or two that I got there...fun times
nice work, hoprefully you won practice. Getting kicked out of banquets and drinking strange things from strange things is what 2six is about. A for effort.

UNHrider

Monkey
Apr 20, 2004
Epping, NH
I thought security got a guy throwing food too? I believe UVM was out of contention this year due to a lack of XC guys. As for other strong teams in the northeast, UNH, although not very strong at nationals is a top team in the ECCC. UVM and Penn State do pretty well too. And UMASS has a great XC squad.

matt

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Go MIDD! Well, we had only one dude, but he did pretty well (2nd in Div.I XC...which begs the question: why is my school DI? We have less than 2400 kids and a small cycling team....whatever...). I couldn't go because of work and a lack of desire to drive that far.