Quantcast

Colombia

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Anyone ever been?
Thinking me and the kiddo are going to go there for spring break. My buddy is asking an ex-DH/EWS racer for Giant to show me around, and lend me a bike. Seems like a good enough reason! If we go, will be in Manizales for four days, and probably Bogotá as well. Maybe get way up high on a volcano, cooking classes, looking for things to do!

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Cartagena is probably the coolest city in Columbia with tons of old school and historic places, Medellin is a close second and the cable cars are cool Eje Cafetero is pretty rad and the epicenter for coffee, Leticia is surprisingly entertaining for touristy stuff, and dipping your toes in the amazon and seeing critters, monkies are cray cray, Tayrona National Natural Park is worth visiting and relaxing at one of the many tiny beaches, Ciudad Perdida has a Machu Picco vibe and is pretty cool to see the engineering, check out Escobar's villa at Hacienda Nápoles. You can rent ATVs and side by sides almost anywhere.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
I’d MUCH rather hang out with Full Trucker’s people and watch corn grow than go fishing.
Thanks for the tips, we are trying to decide which bigger city has more interesting things to do for a week. Kiddo isn’t interested in history, the arts, architecture, etc, he likes the outdoors much more.
Hmmm…I wonder if there are any robotics clubs that might be having a meet while we are there.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Anyone ever been?
Thinking me and the kiddo are going to go there for spring break. My buddy is asking an ex-DH/EWS racer for Giant to show me around, and lend me a bike. Seems like a good enough reason! If we go, will be in Manizales for four days, and probably Bogotá as well. Maybe get way up high on a volcano, cooking classes, looking for things to do!
You will be the first. Claim it for Spain.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
So, some things falling into place. Turns out there is a huge music festival in Bogata when we will be there, gonna catch a day of that. Reached out to some local high school and college robotics clubs to see if there are any meets or competitions that we could attend.
Gonna reach out to the mayor of Bogatá, who is a huge bike nerd, and invite him out for coffee to talk about cycling advocacy and tourism.
Probably rent a car in Manizales and try and hike real high up on a volcano.
Getting pretty stoked.