Quantcast

Colonade Log Ride Video

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
Whose wheaten??? Ours would never hang around off leash like that, she thinks she is independent..

anyways just out there today..bike stuff looks good, but the entire place seems a little forgotten..what is the use of a park open until 11pm with NO LIGHTS??

Is there any volunteer work to be done that does not require lifting of anything over 5 lbs?? I would love to help but my doc has strict rules...

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
Nice looking log ride, well built. Is there plains for more? I will have come down and help build.

Why did you make the turns so sharp on the easy trail?

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Leash laws anyone?
That's Mikes doggie, Mike has put ALOT of time and effort into the project. Personally i don't care about any other doggie, but that doggie and it's owner deserve our respect. :)

Is there plains for more? I will have come down and help build.
Yes there are plans for more, and you could be a big help. The pump track needs attention, plus there are more advanced sections on the horizon. Would be great to have you on board.

Why did you make the turns so sharp on the easy trail?
Main reason is they resemble switchbacks which are common on backcountry mountain trails around here. Another reason is we have a small amount of space to work with, that's the reason we're going with the "Tight Twisty" trail like Tapeworm, to get the most bang for the buck so to speak.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
wtf is up w/that palm tree?
If you live in Seattle you helped pay for it and it cost $80,000. Part of a city park budget has to go to "art". And that's the "art"...

The vid's cool.
Dogs suck and so do crazy tight switchbacks.
Mikes dog doesn't suck, and are these switchbacks really crazy tight? They were built to be wide enough to teach people how to do em, i haven't ridden there yet so i guess they could be...

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
They're tight, but not impossible. Of course, I only seem to ride there at night so that makes things trickier than they already may be. If anything, they are helping me dial in my nose-pivots. Once people can master the switchbacks down there, they should be able to nail any switchback anywhere.

That's one expensive f*cking tree!!!

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
You forget Andy that many people here are into just locking up the rear and throwin' down a foot to make the corners....

These trails are built to help give those folks some skills. And, as Napoleon says, "girls like guys with skills, trail skills, switchback skills, hop skills, balance skills...."

Jun 18, 2004
If you live in Seattle you helped pay for it and it cost $80,000. Part of a city park budget has to go to "art". And that's the "art"...
that and that Nursery Log in the goof-ball green house at the statue park... that park is gonna be fun to ride thru at night for the first 5 minutes its open...

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Dogs suck when they are not controlled by their owners.
Well there is a fenced area for dogs at the bottom of the park, so there may be some doggie/biker conflict. Hopefully it won't be much of an issue though...

But don't run over Mikes doggie for i strongly suspect it has psychic powers. It may have some kind of psychic mind-bolt power that could fry your brain, so i'd chill around that dog... y'know just in case.