Quantcast

Colonades video

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
wow collinade has it all! sick drops! insane switchbacks! crazy skinnes!

haha just kidding, looks like fun for the right people
i saw the DJ's there, they look tight

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
ryan/kona29 said:
ya the dirtjumps do look like fun!!! i was hoping that there would be some footage of them i the vid so i could see how the line flows....
I'm leaning towards something like "jump...land...jump...land...jump...land, etc." ;)

Cool vid. I have to take a harder look at those lines. I didn't even notice the drops within that section. I feel very ashamed.

FatalExposure

Monkey
Sep 2, 2005
Those drops need trannies that plunk you into a 5 foot space with thick trees to the right and left in case you veer or cant, wet rhyolite slickrock scattered all over like shale, and then another 4 foot drop to a bad landing on the other side. All on a 45-50% degree slope w/ off camber slippery fallen trees to negotiate. This will mimic the actual DH trails I've seen around here lately. Good video, looks like something to do if you live in or near the city. Glad I don't live in or near the city...

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
The dirt there seams really hard to work with. Building ladders seams like the way to go. A skills park with ladder drops going from 1 foot to 5 foot would be great for people who are getting into the freeride aspect of mnt biking to practice on.

Dave_Schuldt

Monkey
Jun 13, 2004
Seattle
Show up for a work party and ask. Check the schedule we have weekday afternoon/ evenings and weekends. Those that show get a say in what gets built.

Jun 18, 2004
fuzzycatnuts said:
A skills park with ladder drops going from 1 foot to 5 foot would be great for people who are getting into the freeride aspect of mnt biking to practice on.
Yes, yes! Laders... so when will they start building them?; I'll show up again for that! bring on the ladders:dancing:

silversurfer

Chimp
Mar 24, 2004
wet hole
SteezyWeezy said:
u couldnt spell spell homo any better than that vid!! lol

Funny thing, lived in Portland in the mid 90's. One of the best riders I met down there was screamingly gay, and could outride everyone. On his rigid bike with semi-slicks, he would out-descend, and he was pulling off early freeride moves (this was the mid 90's, fr just starting). Guy raged as hard as he flamed. Seriously kid, you just don't know, so show a little respect all the way around.

brian

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
I know everyone wants the more challenging tech stuff in there first and I have seen many comments like "I will be there when we build bla bla bla......". Truth is the sooner the basic stuff is in place the sooner the more technical stuff can be worked on with any real effort. I still need to put in my time there so I am as guilty as others who haven't also, with one exception. I am not complaining about the hard work others have put in up to this point, to them I say you people rule and thanks for the terrific job!:thumb: :thumb: I know it's not the most extreme place to ride, for many reasons it cannot be but it will be a place to ride year round that encompasses all of the basics. Bonus, it will be dry. If it isn't big enough for some of you who test the boundries with mad skills (or think you do) I challenge you to come out and help teach some of the less skilled riders that will show up, how to master what will be at this all season place. I bet by helping others your mad skills will get better and for some will actually become skills rather than guts and reflexes. :think: :think: Oh, any of you interested in a sliding stall teeter? You may find that things like that actually can end up at this project. Mostly it will be a place to hang with riders of all types year round, good stuff if you ask me.:evil:

roundnround

Chimp
Aug 9, 2005
Some of the big drops he's riding are not in the designed trail route but are by dumping down to the next trial section below.

Hey, whatever works.

Jun 18, 2004
evilbob said:
I know everyone wants the more challenging tech stuff in there first and I have seen many comments like "I will be there when we build bla bla bla......". Truth is the sooner the basic stuff is in place the sooner the more technical stuff can be worked
I put in afew hours there one day and carried loads of rock in a wheelbarrow down the hill... (that whlbarrow with the brake really helps!)... I was sore at the end of that day; even stayed late...

I hate to say it but... just like I said afew months back on here... I will be there when they build the stuff that I'm gonna ride... I know it's not PC to say this on here but that's the way it is...

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Str8OutaBallard said:
I put in afew hours there one day and carried loads of rock in a wheelbarrow down the hill... (that whlbarrow with the brake really helps!)... I was sore at the end of that day; even stayed late...

I hate to say it but... just like I said afew months back on here... I will be there when they build the stuff that I'm gonna ride... I know it's not PC to say this on here but that's the way it is...
Fair enough, help is help it all looks pretty good anyway. Consider that when allot of the more tech stuff starts to go in there will be a changing of the guard so to speak relative to the types of riders who show to work. The pure XC types may not feel they need to work on a section of trail they have no interest in riding either. The really cool thing is there are all types riders (and non-riders) taking part in this whole project, getting to know each other, gaining respect by and for the other types of riders, this will go a long way in getting cyclist and other trail users into a more unified front for other projects.

carbuncle

Monkey
Dec 2, 2004
Edmonds, WA
I'll probably never ride that place, but I went down to help once early on and did a couple of hours yesterday. I never ride Ed's, either, but I've done work there. It's all good, just put something back in somewhere in exchange for all you take (in my case all the cool trails I do ride regularly) wherever you take it from. My theory, anyway.

Jun 18, 2004
carbuncle said:
I'll probably never ride that place, but I went down to help once early on and did a couple of hours yesterday. I never ride Ed's, either, but I've done work there. It's all good, just put something back in somewhere in exchange for all you take (in my case all the cool trails I do ride regularly) wherever you take it from. My theory, anyway.
That's a good attitude to have... good for you & mtn biking around here...