Quantcast

Colonnade/I-5 Open Space park design review meeting tonight (tues)

juice

Monkey
Nov 11, 2003
Seattle
Colonnade (aka I-5 Open Space) mountain bike park design review meeting tonight (tuesday July 20) at BBTC. Sign Up Here!

BBTC is designing and building a 2 acre mountain bike park under the freeway in Seattle between Capitol Hill and Eastlake. Come and provide your input and feedback and help create an amazing urban bike park.

More info about the park here.

Justin
206-524-2900
justin@bbtc.org

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
I might be able to make that one....

It is easier than making it all the way to REI in DT Seattle. I won't be making that trip again.

Sandpoint Way is somewhat doable.

What are you needing at the meeting(what kind of input and feedback)? How far along are you? How long this meeting tonight expected to go? I left early when I was at REI and I hate leaving early from meetings.

I guess I will Emial you...I have enough questions. :D

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
I am set to make it there tonight. Anyone else from here going?

Some more description of what is to be gone over tonight.....

From email with Justin:

Art Tuftee will be reviewing the trail tread layout as it will be on the ground. He has been taking exact measurements of where the trail will be and flagging it out on the ground, and then inputting those plots into CAD.

Other items where we need ideas and feedback are:
-technical trail features. What we want to see
-what kinds of skills people want to develop (balance, manuals, skinnies, climbing, tight turns, etc.) and then we'll design features that help riders work on those skills.
-Materials to provide separation between trails. In natural settings we use trees and shrubs, but we need non-living trail separation in this park.

We will also be looking for people who are interested in helping us accomplish certain tasks such as researching soil stabilizers, looking for donated rockery materials, researching dimensions of trail features, and other items that we'll come up with at the meeting.

I hope to see you there,
Justin

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Come on guys! :D

I was told the longest it will go is 8pm.

Show up!

I am going....that should make it tempting enough (the hanging out with me part;) ) for you to show up.

Rhino

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Well that definately felt more constructive than the REI meeting I attended. Nice small group and everyone could talk about ideas.

I enjoyed that meeting more than the last one I attended.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Maybe this will drum up some interest....out of sheer spite.

*ahem*

I have said from the very beggining that this hair-brained scheme will never EVER happen. It will be a waste of your evening! And I am ALWAYS right. You could never prove me wrong.

This whole thing will fizzle out completely. Mark my words.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
MMike said:

*ahem*

I have said from the very beggining that this hair-brained scheme will never EVER happen. It will be a waste of your evening! And I am ALWAYS right. You could never prove me wrong.

You are right :( What was I thinking? :dead::rolleyes::)

WHen you heading home Mmike? Your brother really jonesing bad for a DH bike to ride with you?

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
MMike said:

*ahem*

It's a good thing the word is out that you're an engineer.... i mean if i didn't know that fact i might pause and think you're right. :eek: