Quantcast

Colonnade need water

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
Copyed this from Mikes post on MTBR, for anyone who rides there you know how dry it gets, I ussally spend 1/2 hour to water down my line when I go there so any help with this would be great:

Colonnade Joyride Drop Zone is thirsty.

Next time you ride, please take 5 minutes to hose down the practice drops' landing area (on the far south end of Phase 2).

There's a red hose and sprayer laying around there -- we'll leave it turned on. The big drops' landing area really needs to be kept damp until it packs down. It doesn't need to get soaked -- we just need to keep it from drying out.

So, after you've had a couple runs and need to catch your breath... head over there, grab the red hose and sprayer, and spray for 5 minutes. That'll be a tremendous help!

Feel free to lightly spray down the pumptrack and jump lines if they look particularly dusty. We now have 3 hoses hooked up -- they should reach anywhere in Phase 2. No need to disconnect any hoses or sprayers. Just make sure **not** to soak anything so much that water pools up or starts to stream down a slope. Also, be careful not to get wood structures wet... can be a slippery hazard. If you do accidentally get too much water on something, just grab an orange bucket or a cone and close off the line for a few minutes until it dries. THANKS A TON!

Fromet

Monkey
May 26, 2006
Seattle
I pulled my hose out and sprayed all over Kim's line last time I was there. Right after I cracked a sweet table over the hip.

Let's get a sprinkler system hooked up down there.

daway

Chimp
Apr 15, 2004
Seattle
Phase 3:Lights, Sprinkler System

If they get more funding...

Man lights would be unbelievable awesome, especially in the winter when it is dark by the time I get out of class/work. But I'll make sure to water down whatever needs it tonight after I get off work. I'm the guy with the green Transition Vagrant!

Spokompton

Monkey
May 15, 2005
Spokane WA
Is it legal to ride there at night with head lamps?

Is there a time the park closes?

Would be a blast doing some of those stunts in the dark. Could also get some good remote flash shots too.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Is it legal to ride there at night with head lamps?

Is there a time the park closes?

Would be a blast doing some of those stunts in the dark. Could also get some good remote flash shots too.
I've been there fairly late in the past and got no grief. I would watch for the transients that camp nearby as far as leaving your gear laying around unattended - I almost got my backpack jacked when I was out there with a buddy.

Since it's going to be a city park, I would guess that it will be open until 11pm like most other parks tend to be. Then again, I could be totally wrong.

Spokompton

Monkey
May 15, 2005
Spokane WA
I've been there fairly late in the past and got no grief. I would watch for the transients that camp nearby as far as leaving your gear laying around unattended - I almost got my backpack jacked when I was out there with a buddy.

Since it's going to be a city park, I would guess that it will be open until 11pm like most other parks tend to be. Then again, I could be totally wrong.
I wonder if anyone has ever had a bike stolen there. I visited when it was busy once and was suprised how many expensive bikes were just laying around.

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
Mike says he still wants to build the "fright trian", step up to deck to step down at the end of the 2 smaller jump lines (The thing that looks like a huge lip to nothing were you turn around at the current end of those lines)

Work parties this coming friday, sat, sun, tues...ect...

http://bbtc.org/recreation/calendar.php?view=all&event_type=W

Or if you want to contact him directly about helping to get the fright train like stunt up and flowing before grand opening on sept 13th you can send him a email : mwestra1@gmail.com

If you want to help and nobody is around picking up the trash that is laying around would be a great help as well.

Thanks!

talusslope

Chimp
Apr 6, 2007
sst, WA
as funds for a sprinkling system goes, tapping into those huge gutter drain pipes with some rain barrels might get the attention of the funds comity seeing as it could cut water cost considerably (if done properly) .

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
as funds for a sprinkling system goes, tapping into those huge gutter drain pipes with some rain barrels might get the attention of the funds comity seeing as it could cut water cost considerably (if done properly) .
On the surface that's not a bad idea. But runoff water off the freeway deck is going to be full of contaminants of oil, rubber, trash etc. They want all that water to go straight to a treatment plant, i'm sure.

But then again i wouldn't be surprised if they drain it right into Lake Union either....