Quantcast

Colonnade Phase II/Advanced Area Closed this weekend (6/28 & 6/29)

BBTCJON

Chimp
Jun 7, 2005
Please note that the Phase II/Advanced area at Colonnade will be closed to riding this weekend (Saturday 6/28 & Sunday 6/29) as we will be ripping around with a Bobcat working on numerous projects.

We could use the help if you'd like to come out and lend a hand and the lower Tqalu and Limestone Loop trails will be open as usual.

Thanks!

Jun 18, 2004
We got a few things done this afternoon/evening and it should be very interesting once things are opened up again. It's amazing what you can get done with a rake, a couple of shovels and a bobcat. Not the Tiger Mtn. kind, either.
Will you be there this w/e Andy?... Nice to see you again.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
We might come out and help tomorrow, gotta talk the wife into some heavy labor.

How about getting mike to post up a "To be done" list and we can come jump in wherever.

By the way, is BBTC keeping track of volunteer hours?

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave

How about getting mike to post up a "To be done" list and we can come jump in wherever.

Email Mike Westra to find out particular tasks.

Or just show up on a weekend and find a crew leader and ask them for help. The only way you get to really work on an individual project is to be a regular, or commit to taking on a project. So you can just show up if you find a crew leader or Brenden or Mike, but if you wanna do a specific project you need to email Mike. Just to talk for a short while on a plan.

mwestra1@gmail.com

There are some projects that could use help if people are willing to take them on, but it works out for you and Mike to communicate so that way things get done right the first time. This is a city park so things have to be on the up and up, all of us who are building there are excited the amount of creativity the city is allowing, but we've all had to make adjustments (which equals more work).

That's why it's important to know what's up before just jumping in and working.

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005

I think your making this to complicated, like I have said before, go there on any weekend of your chose, find a person doing work and ask for Mike W. he can answer any questions that you may have. They do keep track of hours, they have already fulfilled the max limit of money that the city donates per volunteer hours but, Mike still needs as much help has he can get before opening date of Sept. 13th, there is no way we will be able to get everything done that we want to before that date so any help at all is great.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Was out there Thursday moving things, making bits out of concrete, etc. Good times.

Sorry I wasn't out there this weekend, slammed my hand pretty good in a car door, so Dr. Wife put me on the injured reserve until Tuesday.

There are a few things I'd like to see happen out there, but as I don't know the master design, I am just going to help as told.

SeaPig

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
Seattle
There are a few things I'd like to see happen out there, but as I don't know the master design, I am just going to help as told.
The guys getting it done, need our help, not more ideas. I know this is hard as everyone can or has an idea for a good trail, but the best way to help is to follow those with the plan.

I was out there on Thursday and I can't believe that this is a city park under the freeway.

Way to go!

SeaPig

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
Seattle
I don't know the exact schedule myself. But, every time I have been down there, there has been something going on. I know Kim, is off Tuesday through Thursday and he's down there at least one of those days. It's amazing how much is getting done. I know that the project stewards are anxious, but they've got so much done.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Well if 38 doesn't go for tomorrow I'll be back building again.