Quantcast

Colorado here I come!!!

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
Can't stand So Cal anymore... traffic, crappy riding, million dollar one bedrooms, heat waves, smog, pollution, snobby chics, oh and did I say crappy riding and traffic!!!!!

Thats it I'm heading for beautifull Colorado. I've got family in Denver, but I'm looking at Breckenridge or Boulder.

Could anybody tell me which town has better dh/fr trails. I ride a sc vp free so peddle to trails isn't a problem as long as theres something to bomb down when I get there.
Thanks alot,
see you guys soon

Bikerpunk241

Monkey
Sep 28, 2001
To be honest, Boulder doesn't have a whole lot more than dirt jumps and a few XC trails right now, as for Brek, their riding season is over, or will be soon.

late

May 26, 2004
Denver
whatever you do, don't move to boulder. you think there's a lot of snobby chicks in cali, wait till you meet snobby chicks that drive huge suv's and think they are hippies

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
alonedrinkin' said:
whatever you do, don't move to boulder. you think there's a lot of snobby chicks in cali, wait till you meet snobby chicks that drive huge suv's and think they are hippies
I lived in Boulder for two years and am wondering what the hell you are talking about :confused:

May 26, 2004
Denver
i dunno man, maybe i have just had some bad experiences. but even the one person i know who lives there agrees with me. i enjoy dirtjumping down there but all the people i've met when i wasn't riding were not that cool.... who cares i probably have no clue what the hell i am talking about.

In boulder you got some jumps, good street and decent XC... no freeride/DH (the closest will be keystone which is 1:30 away)

In Brek you will be near jumps, DH at keystone and vail are only about 15 to 20 minutes away, and close to longer XC rides in summit County. But your gonna be in a much smaller town that is basically built for tourists

Also, i dont know if you ski or board but if you dont... your not going to have to much fun in Brek from about November to June

hope that kinda helps

So basically in boulder you get not as close/high quality biking

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
Denver's central - most of the above mentioned places are reasonably close, and you can actually make a living doing something other than working for minimum wage (unless you happen to be lined up with the trust fund) - I'd steer clear of Boulder - but that's just me.

Ascentrek

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Golden, CO
Colorado has been infiltrated with Cali's to the max already. The whole place is (east Cal), and has home prices inflated 26% higher than most areas. Not to burst your bubble, but Boulder has 'some dirt jumps', and some street riding (what city doesn't). Boulder County doesn't like mtn bikes on many of their trails... In fact, I see most of the boulder crowd driving elsewhere for their DH/FR.

I ride DH, FR, Trials, and the average beer run. I call Golden a good spot (1hr door to door from Keystone), 8 mtn parks within 10 minutes of a bike commute (less if you use your car). You have Denver that's 15 minutes away and Boulder that's 20.

The area is crowded. So, if you don't mind cali traffic, you won't mind the Front Range.

I'd rather live on the western slope (GJ, Fruita, Moab)...

Joss DeWaele

Chimp
Jan 30, 2004
The SLC
The women in Boulder are amazing, especially in the spring. The riding isn't so amazing.

Weigh your options: If it is women you're after, go to Boulder, if it is riding that is most important, then the Western Slope (Fruita, Grand Junction, Moab) is the way to go.

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
Thanks for all the advice.
Some of you guys said Frisco is good. Very centrally located, thats probly a better place than Breckenridge (I love to board too). I'm suprised at all the Boulder haters, but hippie chics driving suvs (isn't that an oxymoron?) and only DJs sounds lame.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Ascentrek said:
Colorado has been infiltrated with Cali's to the max already. The whole place is (east Cal), and has home prices inflated 26% higher than most areas. Not to burst your bubble, but Boulder has 'some dirt jumps', and some street riding (what city doesn't). Boulder County doesn't like mtn bikes on many of their trails... In fact, I see most of the boulder crowd driving elsewhere for their DH/FR.

I ride DH, FR, Trials, and the average beer run. I call Golden a good spot (1hr door to door from Keystone), 8 mtn parks within 10 minutes of a bike commute (less if you use your car). You have Denver that's 15 minutes away and Boulder that's 20.

The area is crowded. So, if you don't mind cali traffic, you won't mind the Front Range.

I'd rather live on the western slope (GJ, Fruita, Moab)...
golden kicks MAJOR ass.

mcgowanc

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Boulder CO
if you want the front range (denver / boulder) area, I would say choose Golden. There are some great trails - not to mention you are about 30 minutes closer to the mountains.
Boulder is fun – especially if you take advantage of all it has to offer. I think Boulder has a better night life than does Golden. (and hey we aren’t all bad – says a boulder chic that doesn’t drive an suv and showers)

If you want the mountains - I really enjoy breck, it is more expensive to live - but being up in the mountains is much more laid back. If you can work and live up there – you are one lucky bastard :) Steamboat is also pretty sweet.

I love Telluride (i grew up there) - it is great, but remember it is buttt expensive to live and really is in the middle of nowhere. .. 60 miles to the nearest stop light. bla bla bla

Ascentrek

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Golden, CO
Transcend said:
same for me. only more then 2 years...+ 6 months in Golden...
You live here now? We should hook up. I ride more than I post...

I lived in Boulder (area) for a year before I couldn't stand it anymore. Moved to Golden, then Evergreen. Never live in evergreen, it will destroy your soul. Moved back to Golden... lived here for 5 years now.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
SkaredShtles said:
Yeah. And the damn Kansans..... and Nebraskans..... and Michiganders for that matter. :mumble:-S.S.-
And those damn people from Missouri. I hate em.

Golden over Boulder for XC riding any day.

Ascentrek

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Golden, CO
SkaredShtles said:
Yeah. And the damn Kansans..... and Nebraskans..... and Michiganders for that matter. :mumble:

Oh. Hold on....... never mind. :evil:

-S.S.-
HAA HAA HAA HAAAAA. Almost everyone in the front range lives in kansas. IF there's not a mountain to the east of you, you're in kansas.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Ascentrek said:
You live here now? We should hook up. I ride more than I post...

I lived in Boulder (area) for a year before I couldn't stand it anymore. Moved to Golden, then Evergreen. Never live in evergreen, it will destroy your soul. Moved back to Golden... lived here for 5 years now.
Not right now unfortunately. I am back home in Canada for a bit, then back to Boulder in sept probably for my PhD candidacy.

The 6 months i was there, I lived with motionboy2.