Quantcast

Colorado Locals - Who Are you - Where / What Do you ride

Renegade

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
BarbaRosa said:
and yeah... renegade is the man to tour guide ned with. he is uglier in real life then that pic of his on his avatar... :p

and yeah yeah.. while my bike is older then some of you slugs... and I could date your mothers... I still got abs baby! guiness is the secret... yup
I'm so ugly that Nederland is the closet town to the Boulder area that a hideous guy like me is allowed to dwell in! That pic in my avatar was on a good day.
Justin has to have good abs, and legs, and lungs to pedal around that museum piece he calls a mountain bike! Especially when he forgets to shift the front derailler to drop into the granny gear on those nederland climbs!

I just picked up that new avatar yesterday. I did a search in google under "orcs". I kinda like it, but I'm still searching for that perfect orc.

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
mcgowanc said:
I have seen some of your pictures - and they are sweet! .. I am hoping to head up to snowmass .. I have a date with the cable guy sunday between 9 - 11 (I dunno what I was thinking) .. hmm internet or bike
Thanks! Glad you like them.
I bet if you talk real nice to the cable guy, maybe give him a little wink, he may just hook up some free stuff for you! :)

Renegade said:
I'm so ugly that Nederland is the closet town to the Boulder area that a hideous guy like me is allowed to dwell in! That pic in my avatar was on a good day.
Justin has to have good abs, and legs, and lungs to pedal around that museum piece he calls a mountain bike! Especially when he forgets to shift the front derailler to drop into the granny gear on those nederland climbs!

I just picked up that new avatar yesterday. I did a search in google under "orcs". I kinda like it, but I'm still searching for that perfect orc.

thanks for the plug... that is good for a guiness... remember next time to include how the ladies can contact me .. include contact method and that'll be good for 3 guiness!

:p

the orc pics... dont you have the DVD? the extended versions have a lot of artwork on them and of course you can frame by frame search the orcs on screen... then capture that and render down to an avatar... I tell you, those darn mech engineers can only play with nobs and buttons and just dont get the software hardware connection :evil:

perhaps a group ride at walker or a ned day?

Renegade

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
BarbaRosa said:
thanks for the plug... that is good for a guiness... remember next time to include how the ladies can contact me .. include contact method and that'll be good for 3 guiness!

:p

the orc pics... dont you have the DVD? the extended versions have a lot of artwork on them and of course you can frame by frame search the orcs on screen... then capture that and render down to an avatar... I tell you, those darn mech engineers can only play with nobs and buttons and just dont get the software hardware connection :evil:

perhaps a group ride at walker or a ned day?
I like my guiness LARGE.
Yes, I do have the first two movies on dvd, I'm waiting for the extended version of the third. But there should be enough orc shots in the two towers to give me more choices than I've found on the internet. I'm quite fond of the Urukhai... :heart:

mcgowanc said:
3 guiness??? damn thats like three complete meals.

perhaps tuesday? - hopefully weather.com is wrong
:mumble: ... I am not mad at you I just noticed how funny this blue dude is... mr mumble ha ha ha right on, see what happens if you doubt the power of guiness! :D

Tues... darn, nope. If all goes well I will be running north on that red bike with a 5'4" mathmatician who likes fast bikes and plays hockey and be on our way to sleep in a tent and run around sturgis briefly ... if all does not go well i will be running north on that red bike to sleep in my tent and run around sturgis briefly...

so anyway it is cut, i will be riding my motard at 3 digits up to the north country to wave at trucks and campers pulling bikes on trailers as I go by.

Renegade said:
I like my guiness LARGE.
Yes, I do have the first two movies on dvd, I'm waiting for the extended version of the third. But there should be enough orc shots in the two towers to give me more choices than I've found on the internet. I'm quite fond of the Urukhai... :heart:

good movie quote....

'points!, .... it comes in points!'

mcgowanc said:
any other days? - as I really just picked tuesday out of the days of the week that end with day.

that is true... never see saturnight, monight,tuesnight, wednesnight.. ... tho if it was saturpoint, monpoint, tuespoint, wednespoint....

but saturday... how many monkeys could do walker ranch saturday 9 am at parking lot? .... sound off

ONE!

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I can, but won't. If I wanted to hike, I'd do a 14er :blah:

I will never do Walker Ranch again :D

Don't change it for me, I'm actually going to try to get out of town (Meeker) and do a road ride up there.

Squeak

Get your pork here.
Sep 26, 2001
COlo style
LordOpie said:
I can, but won't. If I wanted to hike, I'd do a 14er :blah:

I will never do Walker Ranch again :D

Don't change it for me, I'm actually going to try to get out of town (Meeker) and do a road ride up there.
OMG! You wuss! :nopity: :eek: :D

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Squeak said:
OMG! You wuss! :nopity: :eek: :D
hmm, where's TN and Laura. Did they ever thank YOU for choosing that trail for their visit? :D

And I don't see that you're joining them for their Saturmorning ride!

Squeak

Get your pork here.
Sep 26, 2001
COlo style
LordOpie said:
hmm, where's TN and Laura. Did they ever thank YOU for choosing that trail for their visit? :D

And I don't see that you're joining them for their Saturmorning ride!
I think I am going to Hall on Sat morn.

TN and Laura loved it! :) Just the altitude that was a bit of an issue...

mcgowanc

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Boulder CO
SkaredShtles said:
GuiNness. It's GUINNESS ladies and gentlemen. Geez. You guys are cut off. No more Guinness for you........ Geez.

;)

-S.S.-
ha i am so pathetic.. u think i would have realized such a thing. ;)

mcgowanc

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Boulder CO
Squeak said:
I think I am going to Hall on Sat morn.

TN and Laura loved it! :) Just the altitude that was a bit of an issue...
i'm thinking about trying to do a hall ride tonight, but my legs are kinda dead .. so i dunno if i want any witnesses

so three of us so far? was that an 'I am IN JHusk' ??? IN for sat 9 am walker? .... come y'all ante up...

and re the GuinNess.... what eVer.... I drink it by the point at my local (3 blocks away) pub... kant spell anywhay. kierkegaard that I whent too skool cause I just took for months off to putz about doin house repair and chillin. so sew me!

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Hey guys, I have to chime back in here. Turns out I don't actually ride bikes. Weird, I know... have fun at Walker or Hall or White or whatever Ranch ya'll decide to ride...

mcgowanc

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Boulder CO
BarbaRosa said:
so three of us so far? was that an 'I am IN JHusk' ??? IN for sat 9 am walker? .... come y'all ante up...

and re the GuinNess.... what eVer.... I drink it by the point at my local (3 blocks away) pub... kant spell anywhay. kierkegaard that I whent too skool cause I just took for months off to putz about doin house repair and chillin. so sew me!
Okay so I suck - But would friday night or sunday work for you?
- a bunch of my friends are going rafting saturday - which is something that doesnt happen too often.

dropkick

Chimp
Jul 3, 2004
Colorado
I'm new here too...I live up in Ft Collins and ride close to town during the week after work and go pretty much wherever on the weekends

And I'm pretty excited cuz UPS is bringin my new ride tomorrow :thumb:

mcgowanc

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Boulder CO
dropkick said:
I'm new here too...I live up in Ft Collins and ride close to town during the week after work and go pretty much wherever on the weekends

And I'm pretty excited cuz UPS is bringin my new ride tomorrow :thumb:
Sweet - what ride?

Bldr_DH

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
NO BO CO
I'm Yosei, but they call me the token y-riders cripple for now. I'm 15 and I ride a Balfa 2step DH with a Slider Plus as well as The R3SP2CT Mobile. It is cool because it has quarter bar-ends. I like bikes and I ride them, but not now because I'm a cripple for the time being. It sucks not being on a bike for over a week, let alone eight.

I had a boxxer on my 2step, but that sucked, so I changed it. I took the picture before I changed the fork so that's why the picture has a boxxer in it. I'm enjoying writing as though I'm a 2nd grader speaking in front of the class, but I'm not normally like this.

Balfa:
http://www.pinkbike.com/modules/photo/?op=view&image=164687
http://www.pinkbike.com/modules/photo/?op=view&image=164688
http://www.pinkbike.com/modules/photo/?op=view&image=164689

R3SP3CT Mobile:
http://www.pinkbike.com/modules/photo/?op=view&image=267879
http://www.pinkbike.com/modules/photo/?op=view&image=267880
http://www.pinkbike.com/modules/photo/?op=view&image=267881
http://www.pinkbike.com/modules/photo/?op=view&image=267882

If you can see, I like my bikes and I take pictures of them. They are cool. I'm going to shut up now because I have a long post.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Full Trucker said:
Hey guys, I have to chime back in here. Turns out I don't actually ride bikes. Weird, I know... have fun at Walker or Hall or White or whatever Ranch ya'll decide to ride...
Ummmmm....... errrrr....... :rolleyes: Yeah, F.T. - we already knew that. ;) Please move along. Nothing to see here. :D

-S.S.-

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
Woe......guess it's been a couple of days since I hit the COLocals forum. *oops* I'm down in Littleton, so my local rides usually consist of Mt Falcon, Chimney Gulch/Windy Saddle, Deer Creek, etc. I also admit to liking road riding, although no one I ride with will. So, I usually end up on the trail which is never a bad thing. I am pretty much a jack of all trades, master of none type rider. I have an Enduro that gets used for XC and downhill. I have a Allez that gets used for a commuter bike and some long road rides. My wife and I have a Co-Motion tandem. I still have my first road bike, an old Schwinn Super Sport. (Barbarosa....I think I beat you by a few years. I think it's an '86) There's another frame hanging around waiting for parts to become a single speed or something, but it's going to have to wait for a long time. Oh yeah...my '97 stumpjumper is now my wifes cruiser bike. Put some slicks on it and a 45deg stem on it w/ some riser bars to make it a semi-cush ride.

I'm a firm believer in the saying: As everyone knows, the correct number of bikes to own is n+1. Where n is the number of bikes you currently own.
:cool:

*edit: I forgot to list my PlanetX Zebdi trials bike in the list. :sneaky:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Dammit. I think I forgot to put my rides & bike anywhere........ :mumble:

Local rides are about the same as Morryjg - Falcon, Deer Crik, Waterton Canyon....

Only bike is an '01 Giant XtC Team (NRS-Air). Rear shock is back to the mfgr AGAIN to fix a top-out problem. :( - it did fine on our 48-mile Crested Butte mayhem ride, just was pretty noisy the whole time. :D

-S.S.-

mcgowanc said:
Okay so I suck - But would friday night or sunday work for you?
- a bunch of my friends are going rafting saturday - which is something that doesnt happen too often.

sunday no... i will have a mathmatician on my pinion going for a brunch to peak to peak motorcycle put put ... who knew mathmaticians came in cute catagory? I thought they all looked like russel crow... she rides her own motorads too when she has one....

so sat ... no one else for walker? ....

friday... i shouldn't ... my sinus is still draining green buggers and i suspect i should still be in rest mode... maybe a short run on devils back bone? here in loveland, but i should be resting

anyone else still up for SATURDAY WALKER RANCH?... or hey Squeak, I never have run Hall ranch ... where is that? is that Lyons or is that the one next to Walker? Or are you still avoiding me like on the Young and the Restless? :nopity:

mcgowanc

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Boulder CO
BarbaRosa said:
or hey Squeak, I never have run Hall ranch ... where is that? is that Lyons or is that the one next to Walker? Or are you still avoiding me like on the Young and the Restless? :nopity:
who knew? I thought mathematicians were always old men with pocket protectors :)

Green boogers- its just like gu .. a lil extra go juice
hall ranch is tons of fun - or at least up till the first bench is tons of fun.
If you are on 36 you go through lyons, and head out 7, its like 2 - 3 miles out of lyons on your left.

Renegade

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
BarbaRosa said:
man..... you always have the best ride rene' how do you like the water cooled susuki over say an xr400? I like simplistic .... KISS ...
Well, a water cooled engine will have the advantage of maintaining a more even engine temperature, which affects both horsepower and engine longevety. The XR's are a well proven air cooled machine that has changed little for a decade, for a reason. It's loyal customer base wants a simple machine that can take a lot of abuse. No radiators to damage in a crash 100 miles out in the desert, etc.
When I shopped for this bike, I did look at the XR. One of the big selling points of the DRZ was ELECTRIC START! The heck with that kicking thing! Also, the suzuki motor inherited lot's of technology that trickled down from the very successfull TSCC and GSXR engines. Some intake mods, and a yoshimura exhaust system really unleashed the beast in the motor. Resprung both ends and put better valving in the forks, and added Hot Wheels* flames for the look of added speed!
The bike is also titled and licensed. I can ride it right out my driveway [legally] and over to my local trails. I can ride to georgetown from my house and only cross two paved roads. Big fun!

oo kkk.... squeak, i will be there before 9 am.... since that would be a new ride for me and it is closer to mine haus. I will target 8:30 to arrive and lube the chain and other asundry dinasuar bike maint required... suppose i should tear apart my old shoes and put the cleats on some new feet things i got a while back....

but, if it is that thing out side of lyons on 7... and one is heading west on 7... isnt hall therefore on the right side of the road? that trail head i would assume that i go buy at 90 on my motorad so often?

mcgowanc

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Boulder CO
YEs YEs it is on the right side of the road
- did i say left... maybe i should mention - i have to make an L with my left hand to remember which is left and which is right .. i am (we todd did)

Squeak

Get your pork here.
Sep 26, 2001
COlo style
BarbaRosa said:
oo kkk.... squeak, i will be there before 9 am.... since that would be a new ride for me and it is closer to mine haus. I will target 8:30 to arrive and lube the chain and other asundry dinasuar bike maint required... suppose i should tear apart my old shoes and put the cleats on some new feet things i got a while back....

but, if it is that thing out side of lyons on 7... and one is heading west on 7... isnt hall therefore on the right side of the road? that trail head i would assume that i go buy at 90 on my motorad so often?
Yep right side! :)

Anyone else that wants to tag along is of course welcome to join. :dancing:

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
I'm out, I gotta appease the special lady friend and attend some of her "events" this weekend.

If anyone is interested, some of us will be doing the "Down-Country" shuttle rides a la Leelikebikes.com the weekend of the 21st. Camping will most likely be involved. For more info: http://leelikesbikes.com/Stories/061304/

Should be a blast!