Quantcast

Colorado Monkeys

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
‘Cognitive Dissonance’
The Carnegies (capitalist pigs) also spearheaded the creation of libraries open to everyone (blacks and women included)
The world (and history) is a complicated place.

now do rosenwald!

good ol ben shahn. art in this post? whodathunkit? i just feel bad @rideit had to live in syracuse!

also, screw you @StiHacka for reminding me of my crustacean allergies and that i can't eat fresh lobster off the dock when i visit the parents! (at least i've still got mussels, clams, oysters, and fish going for me!)

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Semi-serious thread tangent:

Could Poops' desired life be found in Europe for a reasonable price? I recall rural Italy paying people to move to their hollowing out country towns. Not sure wrt remote employment, amenities, etc. but something for y'all to ponder and daydream about

@buckoW may have the scoop?

I've flown exactly twice in my life, both times to Las Vegas for completely unnecessary reasons.
My scoops are rarely in demand.

I would 100% recommend moving to Switzerland. The barriers to entry are far too high for most people.

Last edited:

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
You're the one that told me there's no legal mtb trails there ;)
I know what I told you. You like to bring it up but fail to understand that we can still ride everything without legal recourse. Illegal and homologation aren’t the same and this isn’t a lawsuit happy culture. When we get the homologation papers in order then if someone hurts themself they couldn’t sue the local government. Homologation and liability is mandatory legally but the state is ok to let each commune/local gov take a decade to get it done. Does that make more sense?

You can bring a horse to water.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
What’s up with Lucerne and poors?

Things have been moving on a government level for bikes in the whole region.

Anyways, I highly doubt Poops wants to move to Switzerland or any EU country so carry on.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I know what I told you.
It was a light ribbing bro :rofl:

What I said, BASED ON WHAT YOU TOLD ME, jives

We existed here on bikes for years and years on non-enforcement too. Then one day....

What’s up with Lucerne and poors?

Things have been moving on a government level for bikes in the whole region.
Oh.

UCI

nuff said

awesome

They do everything great

Last edited:

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Back on topic. When I lived in Durango I always liked being out of town on County road 203, Hermosa and Stagecoach Trail. Stagecoach Trail off of Florida Rd was probably my favorite.

What about Buena Vista, Colorado? Seems like there’s a lot of opportunity for a sporty life.
The concept looks cool to me.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Poops, Switzerland is a very nice country to live in. Completely unrealistic with a family to make that move though. That would be a monumental effort. I was dumb and 21 chasing a girl.

Out the front door this morning is decent. I loved Colorado before I understood what the Alps have to offer.

CA207EEB-37E0-4AC5-95EB-DAA63A90D57E.jpeg

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Poops, Switzerland is a very nice country to live in. Completely unrealistic with a family to make that move though. That would be a monumental effort. I was dumb and 21 chasing a girl.

Out the front door this morning is decent. I loved Colorado before I understood what the Alps have to offer.

View attachment 188013
the swiss have organized their lives/society incredibly well… haven’t seen anything in north america that comes close.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
You like to bring it up but fail to understand that we can still ride everything without legal recourse. Illegal and homologation aren’t the same and this isn’t a lawsuit happy culture. When we get the homologation papers in order then if someone hurts themself they couldn’t sue the local government.
I had to do some reading on this when we visited, because we went paragliding and I'm not sure the (reputable, highly regarded) company we went with ever even knew my partner's last name. I walked in, reserved my time, we showed up for our reservation, watched a short video and then left the building.

No sixteen indemnity forms to sign in triplicate, no 30 pages of disclaimers. "This shit is dangerous. If you get hurt, it's because you did something dangerous. Let's go do it."

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California

View attachment 188013
While I'm sure Switzerland is very nice, moving out of the country is not really an option. I think the international thing was more of a thought experiment on @Toshi's part.

Did you ever get that girl?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I had to do some reading on this when we visited, because we went paragliding and I'm not sure the (reputable, highly regarded) company we went with ever even knew my partner's last name. I walked in, reserved my time, we showed up for our reservation, watched a short video and then left the building.

No sixteen indemnity forms to sign in triplicate, no 30 pages of disclaimers. "This shit is dangerous. If you get hurt, it's because you did something dangerous. Let's go do it."
I do respect that they let you die in the alps if you try really hard enough. Lil' jeaulous of that condition

for all the bluster of murkin freedom/liberty/independence there sure are a lot of apps and search and rescue services that keep stupid from hurting. Of course we just made a payable market out of it :rofl:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Awwww yeeeaaaahhh! Goin' be spreadin' that Cali e'erywhere, son!

View attachment 188031

In all seriousness, I get it. Californians are like an invasive species.
I think this has only been an issue recently, people from Ohio and Pennsylvania have been invading the rest of the country for decades so no one gives a shit. It is just the recent shift from Cali rather than into it, and often people with large sums of cash after selling their inflated Californian properties.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Did you Coloradans get clobbered with snow?
Totals?
We’ve had a couple feet in the last couple of days up at the ski hill. Meanwhile town is 40° with sunshine and dry dirt.

:cupidarrow:

Awwww yeeeaaaahhh! Goin' be spreadin' that Cali e'erywhere, son!

View attachment 188031

In all seriousness, I get it. Californians are like an invasive species.
All good my man, I was honestly just taking the piss. And it’s not even that Californian’s are moving here, it’s the fucking Front Rangers like me that are gonna ruin this town. ;)

But in all honesty, I’d be kidding myself if I thought the cat wasn’t out of the bag on the Arkansas River Valley. It’s not without it's issues (NIMBYism, rural Trumper fuckwits, scarcity of affordable housing, woke libtards, absence of Five star dining, etc.) but generally I love it here. There’s a reason I’ve been wanting to move here for 15+ years and finally started putting a real plan to make it happen in place five years ago.

And without going into a long-winded post, it checks a fairly high number if your boxes I suspect.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
We’ve had a couple feet in the last couple of days up at the ski hill. Meanwhile town is 40° with sunshine and dry dirt.

:cupidarrow:

All good my man, I was honestly just taking the piss. And it’s not even that Californian’s are moving here, it’s the fucking Hoosiers like me that are gonna ruin this town.
FTFY

Never forget where you really came from

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Appreciate ya! I honestly thought about FTFY-quoting your post and adding "Indiana" in the list. :D

I never noticed too many Indiana ex-pats until recently. I assumed that literacy rates were low enough that they couldn't read maps well enough to figure out how to leave. Goddamn Google Maps. :rofl:

Good on ya for getting out.