Quantcast

Colorado Monkeys

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Have any of you Denverites been to one of these here Cherry Cricket Restaurants?
The menu looks pretty to the point, “what kind of a burger/sandwich are you having?”
Is it a trendy thing like Snooze?
I rarely ever go out for a burger, but if there is a great one to be had…

The OG CC was a pretty highly regarded dive bar back in the day. That said, I ain't never been. :D

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Have any of you Denverites been to one of these here Cherry Cricket Restaurants?
The menu looks pretty to the point, “what kind of a burger/sandwich are you having?”

I've been to the OG location in Cherry Creek and the burgers are okay. One of the best burgers I've had in the Denver area is CityGrille but according to the Yelps this particular restaurante de hamburgesa esta cerrado as fuck.

The OG CC was a pretty highly regarded dive bar back in the day. That said, I ain't never been. :D
Hardly a dive bar, but I suppose that's just a matter of opinion maaaaaan. I always got more of a "college bar" sort of vibe from the Cherry Cricket. I mean... it's in Cherry-Fucking-Creek for @FSM's sake. FWIW, IMNSHO the ne plus ultra what a "dive bar" is are joints like Don's Mixed Drinks, Lion's Lair, PS Lounge, etc. Anything with a proper door on the pisser, no trough in the men's toilet, and will definitely have things like glasses and ice all night long... are just not dive bars.

Never been to Bob's Atomic on 13th/Ford?
Solid burgers, there.

Last edited:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
IMNSHO the ne plus ultra what a "dive bar" is are joints like Don's Mixed Drinks, Lion's Lair, PS Lounge, etc.
Oh shit, and how could I have forgotten about the beloved BAR BAR?! I think it actually has a name, but the 2-sided sign above the door says "bar" on each side so it's just called the BAR BAR. Ended more than a couple Wednesday nights there after the Denver Cruiser Ride. That place is (or at least was) a true shithole in every sense of the word and smelled like piss, cigarettes, and despair soaked in warm, flat American beer.

*Turns out yes, it does have an actual name: Carioca Cafe.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are

I have. Its good. Fine. Its fine. there are MUCH better burger joints in the 'general' area than this. Are you guys coming down?

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
@Nick, back around July 3-4, and again 20-22 (But the Canuck and I are scheming something up high, maybe Elbert, maybe something easier). Probably a ride in/Near B.V. If we don’t go 14-er-ing.
Teh Spousal Unit™ and I are planning on doing something real stupid on July 4th. You’re welcome to join.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
*also I like big dumb rides (about to go do one momentarily)

@rideit we'd (I'd) been trying to plot a CO group ride down Pikes Peak, but @Pesqueeb keeps putting up roadblocks like needing to pay more and have a reservation to drive up the stupid toll road. This one, to avoid Barr trail nonsense:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Yeesh. Too bad they're not good eats.

• #1 - Chicago
When I lived on the Chicago River, at Canal & Kinzie, I used to see big, big rats. You'd throw a rock at them to scare them away, they'd throw it back at you. :no:

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
  • #1 - Chicago
When I lived on the Chicago River, at Canal & Kinzie, I used to see big, big rats. You'd throw a rock at them to scare them away, they'd throw it back at you. :no:
And then close in to finish the job...

(How did I miss this thread? I gotta waste more time around here, I have been slacking.)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
We very *occasionally* see a rat running around in the 'hood above ours on the street... :fancy:

when the weather is nice I keep my back door open, a few weeks ago I was sitting there reading and out of the corner of my eye saw something moving. A cat sized rat walked through the door and was sniffing around. I went to grab a bludgeoning object and once it saw me moving thankfully skittered back out the door.

One of the reasons why I feed the crows is that they seem to be at war with the rats and will hunt the little fuckers.