Quantcast

Colorado Peeps check in please

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Colorado lightning strike kills 1 hiker, injures 3

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/18/us/colorado-hikers-lightning-strike/index.html

A 31-year-old woman has died after being struck by lightning while hiking in the Rocky Mountains in Colorado, Chaffee County Sheriff's Office said.

Three other hikers suffered injuries in the incident Friday, with one being sent to a local hospital for treatment.

Four hikers were hit by lightning -- one of them died -- while on the Mt. Yale Trail in Colorado.
The bolt struck the Mount Yale Trail, which runs just above the tree line at about 12,400 feet, about two hours west of Colorado Springs.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I am not a 31 year old woman so can confidently state it was not me

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I've always said the chances of getting hit by lightning out of the blue are incredibly rare...while the chances of getting hit while on top of a mountain above the treeline on an aluminum conveyance under a thunderstorm are dramatically better. I've felt the concussive force of the blast created by the strike enough times to know I never want to be out there in those conditions. There are some people that pretend it's not hazardous at all, but I have a bit of self preservation in me.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
During thunderstorms I run around the neighborhood waving a Confederate flag on a aluminum pole. The Jews seem to cheer me on. I have learned to leave my copy of the constitution and my AR-15 home to avoid the ire of the cops....

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
During thunderstorms I run around the neighborhood waving a Confederate flag on a aluminum pole. The Jews seem to cheer me on. I have learned to leave my copy of the constitution and my AR-15 home to avoid the ire of the cops....
I will come watch, if you do this in Milton. Oh, please do this in Milton.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
We can buy them here, no biggy.
I am thinking that since the OPP station is down the street I should take it easy.... MIlton is not nearly as dangerous as Rochester. There are more murders a month in Rochester then Toronto gets all year. Its rough here. My Brother is taking over my apartment. As soon as the Kitchen and Bathroom are done I will be heading up. My Brother says Milton should be renamed Milfton. I am looking forward to my stay.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I am thinking that since the OPP station is down the street I should take it easy.... MIlton is not nearly as dangerous as Rochester. There are more murders a month in Rochester then Toronto gets all year. Its rough here. My Brother is taking over my apartment. As soon as the Kitchen and Bathroom are done I will be heading up. My Brother says Milton should be renamed Milfton. I am looking forward to my stay.
My car will be a Porsche Cayenne or a Volvo S60 Sedan. No more Racing Honda as of today.... Much Sadness

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
a.) cayenne
b.) naughty by nature approves of the OPP station. seems like a good fit for Milfton.
c.) you should go to the memorial art gallery more. they have a badass collection for being in the ROC
d.) why is this happening in the CO thread
e.) shimz n rootbeer

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Trade the Cayenne in for a Macan Turbo, that thing is fast.
I get no say. The Cayenne is pretty fast. But the Volvo is faster. I like driving the Volvo. The Cayenne is leased and we need to watch the miles or some shit... It smells like a fart and folks are doushey around you when you drive it.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Alive. I don't have friends younger than me... Just a bunch of old dudes from Golden.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Glad you guys are ok... any stragglers? Plus... wouldn't they all be on bikes, not hikes? Ohh... sorry.... bike related content...