Quantcast

Colors may fade

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Dropped by MEC today to grab some ski wax. Passed by the bikes and noticed the flashy Intenses. Saw a sticker near the B.B. on the down tube of a tracer or something: Neon Colors May Fade. Intense.

Wtf. That is all.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Was looking at moto helmets recently and several had large warnings that neon color fading is not covered under warranty (none of the helmets were neon)

From this I figure

1: Neon Colors Fade
2: There was some big lawsuit over fading neon colors and companies now feel compelled to warn people
3: Neon? WTF is it the '80s again?

Or

Neon colors are known to fade in the state of California

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
wtf bitches. of course them intense colors are gonna fade. because they’re all made in CHINER now. if they would shore production again, them colors wouldn’t run, them colors wouldn’t fade, and they sure as hell wouldn’t bleed.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Neon colors fade because instead of just reflecting light they absorb light of higher frequency and re-emit it at a fixed lower frequency (entropy mother fuckers) in addition to reflecting light. Absorption of high frequency light invites degradation. Pretty basic shit. If the general population wasn't so dense we wouldn't need such warnings.

Last edited:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Neon colors fade because instead of just reflecting light they absorb light of higher frequency and er-mit it at a fixed lower frequency (entropy mother fuckers) in addition to reflecting light. Absorption of high frequency light invites degradation. Pretty basic shit. If the general population wasn't so dense we wouldn't need such warnings.
Isn't there some magnetic, carbon tape to offset that ?

Gotta think of the Euros and their day glow.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Neon colors fade because instead of just reflecting light they absorb light of higher frequency and re-emit it at a fixed lower frequency (entropy mother fuckers) in addition to reflecting light. Absorption of high frequency light invites degradation. Pretty basic shit. If the general population wasn't so dense we wouldn't need such warnings.
translation: intense cycles is an image company that happens to sell bikes

Katz

Monkey
Jun 8, 2012
Arizona
wtf bitches. of course them intense colors are gonna fade. because they’re all made in CHINER now. if they would shore production again...
Make Intense great again!!

Whether if it was ever great is debatable though. Observed a couple of specimens built to maximize traction on left-side 5% trail outslope over the last few years in a town with mountain biking population of <100.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
all of this is making me miss my uzzi just a little bit . . . :( so many good times on that thing. and look - no colors to fade!
Image-1.jpg

Last edited:

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
NO! Neon colors are made up of small crabon molecules. By not coating your helmet with spf40 or better, the crabon looses its integrity. Lube up your plastic bike and neon helmet before you ride!