Quantcast

Colors !

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
Just got back a few Deathmobile frames back from powdercoat Friday .
We did a full run of trans over Raw colors this time, brown purple and blue.

I also got a few of the color samples for the production handlebars back .
I'm digging the 70's candy colors right now so were going with
brown , purple , blue and possibly a few other trans colors for production on the bars !
We will also have some very rough industrial finish option also if the 70's retro bling isnt yo thing :clapping:

Please let me know your thoughts on these new colors .
Thanks
Brad

Trans blue over raw

Trans Brown over raw

Trans Purple over raw

Production bar color samples , trans colors over chrome

Vinny A

Chimp
May 25, 2007
Philly
Brad how wide are those bars? A pic that I saw of them looked like they were Guy Marsh wide. How much are they going to be also?

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
Brad how wide are those bars? A pic that I saw of them looked like they were Guy Marsh wide. How much are they going to be also?
The bars come stock at 29in wide

This just worked out best for us this way production wise , we get the raw material in really long pieces ( 16ft?? ) and when cut we could either do 29's or have more scrap , so to minimise the scrap overall we went with a 29in width so the customer has the option of cutting their bars to the width what they want .

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
all of the colors look awesome, but my personal favorite is the trans brown. second is the trans blue. the bars look so awesome in the colors, it's cool actually seeing bars that aren't black or white.

ReVolVeRage

Monkey
Dec 28, 2006
MD/ NYC
I'm not to crazy about them. The old solid color to me looked great! Than agian, having never seen a trans. colored bike, or a Nemosis, my opinion could be biased. The bars look great!! I think I'll take a pair of the raw ones, would you mind posting a picutre of those, when they come in? I've been on a hunt for the REALLY narrow bars. I'll cut mine, but the narrower, the better, and those look pretty narrow. Check out how narrow these puppies are!

I still think that your frames will sell great, becuase the workmanship is superb! :thumb:

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
I think I'll take a pair of the raw ones, would you mind posting a picutre of those, when they come in? I've been on a hunt for the REALLY narrow bars. I still think that your frames will sell great, becuase the workmanship is superb! :thumb:
Thanks for the great compliments !!
I alwasys apprecite hearing kind word about my stuff :clapping: thanks:)

Yea I knew some people woulnt be that stoked on the trans disco-esq colors .

Below are a pair of bars in beadblast , sorta raw looking with a small hint of mettalic to them .

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
i rekon a transparent candy red over chrome on those bars would look sick........hint hint ;)

Yea thoes arnt done yet ! hint hint not a hard guess who's bike thoes are going on ... :disgust: hmmmm I wonder hint hint

YesimadictedtopaintballerXCing
To anwer your question yes these colors are all custom mixed pigments of our orignal trans Red ox blood color we displayed at SeaOtter .

If you look at other trans blue and red bikes they look much differnt sorta less pop and depth .

The purple is flat out insane as far as depth of color , it almost apeard to have a middle pearl layer in it

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
sick colors man...if I ever get another dj frame it'll have to be one o' those. finally something not white

.Pit Steelers.

Nostradumbass
Jun 18, 2006
Hawaii
Damn them there colors stand out, really love the blue handlebars. Gonna consider 25.4 or 31.8? Thouse are 23.2 or what ever the hell bmx bars are. right?

ReVolVeRage

Monkey
Dec 28, 2006
MD/ NYC
Thanks for the great compliments !!
I alwasys apprecite hearing kind word about my stuff :clapping: thanks:)

Yea I knew some people woulnt be that stoked on the trans disco-esq colors .

Below are a pair of bars in beadblast , sorta raw looking with a small hint of mettalic to them .

Would you say that the color would be similar to the "battleship grey" of the DMR transition? If so, I will happily take a pair, so they will match my handsome new frame. :weee:

Any prices as of now?

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
the color of "those" bars are a bling bling sort of a clear coat over raw if i remember what bard told me correctly. they look awesome and would look really pimp with a set of gray diety cranks

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Love the purple frame especially, but I'm not too fond of the bars. I guess I'm just used to black.