Quantcast

Colorways

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
PS: e.13 did the gross pink bash guide first as well.
That's like bragging that you made out with dudes first.

And if I remember correctly, the dewlie was out a good bit before the DRS actually made it to production. E-13 kept saying it was coming but it took a loooong time.

Only on ridemonkey could there be a 3 page thread on bashguard colors.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
looks like all the boobs i've ever seen, donno why you're giving him such a hard time.

mmmm...bags of...sand.

but no, seriously, dude.

whens the rootbeer color coming?

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
funny i was just wondering what the next color would be...

personally i liked the seafoam but i ride a green bike...i hate orange

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
That's like bragging that you made out with dudes first.

And if I remember correctly, the dewlie was out a good bit before the DRS actually made it to production. E-13 kept saying it was coming but it took a loooong time.

Only on ridemonkey could there be a 3 page thread on bashguard colors.

The DRS was in production and being sold before Interbike 2000. It was the first dual ring chainguide ever made or sold to my knowledge. The Dewlie did not make production until 2002 and at that point it had a flat roller. They changed the design to an e.thirteen style flat roller in 2004.

I'm pretty much a historian of the bicycle chainguide in case you were wondering..

Dave

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
LOL :clapping:

I love it.

There you have it fellas, it's boobie flesh tone, not pink.

Now git yer ass off the computer and make me an orange DRS!
But seiously(actually, I WAS serious), will any of the colorway'd parts work on the DRS? I haven't looked that close at them yet, but all I'd really need is the lower guide ring plate to have an orange guide. Kinda...

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
There you have it fellas, it's boobie flesh tone, not pink.

Now git yer ass off the computer and make me an orange DRS!
But seiously(actually, I WAS serious), will any of the colorway'd parts work on the DRS? I haven't looked that close at them yet, but all I'd really need is the lower guide ring plate to have an orange guide. Kinda...
Sure, the supercharger totally fits! We have some DRS colorways coming, thats more of a summertime thing though. You never know what kind of crazy color combo you will get your hands on when you call Derek or Jonas and ask really nice.. :)

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Hmmm... maybe you could buy four orange tacos from the LG-1 and put them together... Viola! A orange bash ring :D

and since we're requesting colors- I'd like skidmark brown to match my cannondale...

... and my shorts.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Sure, the supercharger totally fits! We have some DRS colorways coming, thats more of a summertime thing though. You never know what kind of crazy color combo you will get your hands on when you call Derek or Jonas and ask really nice.. :)
I know the super charger fits, but a bright orange one would be way too much. I want something as subtle as the LG1, but in a DRS. Are the lower plates that go over the roller on the bottom the same? Sorry, I lack in terminology...

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
You never know what kind of crazy color combo you will get your hands on when you call Derek or Jonas and ask really nice.. :)
I'm still deciding on mine. We are contemplating the creamcycle look. Any more of those horrendous old camo or trans purple ones left? We'll give those to foster.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
The DRS was in production and being sold before Interbike 2000. It was the first dual ring chainguide ever made or sold to my knowledge. The Dewlie did not make production until 2002 and at that point it had a flat roller. They changed the design to an e.thirteen style flat roller in 2004.

I'm pretty much a historian of the bicycle chainguide in case you were wondering..

Dave
I just remember waiting and waiting and waiting for one to show up at wholesalers..........and then ended up with a dewlie because they were actually available at the time.

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
It was actually '01 - the first year we did Interbike in that sick 10x10 booth with Stinky Punk Rock Chris and those crazy goth chicks - but not a big deal. The point is the same - DRS was out before the Dewlie.

--JP