Quantcast

coloured spokes?

N

nbrocks

hey guys, I'm wondering where you guys get spokes that arent black for 24 inch wheels. I know primo have some, but they are only for 20's. I've seen the red ones on brads bike and they are pretty sweet. its crossed my mind that you could just paint them before you build the wheel, but i dont thnk that would work, so if you guys know where i could get some coloured ones, that would be great,
thanks.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
best bet is to hang the spokes from a line and use clips to hang them from the spoke threads and spray paint them. i just laid mine flat and hit them with 6-7 coats but it didnt work too well.

Guffo?

Chimp
Dec 8, 2004
Chile
Purchase some back 26 inches spokes, cut'em and remake the thread.

Spray paint will last for a week or less.

giantrider89

Monkey
Oct 16, 2006
P-town, MN
Industry nine makes awsome looking stuff, but it cost 2 arms and a leg...otherwise you really cant get anodized spokes because that doesn't work on stainless steel (which is what most spokes are made of), you could paint them but paint doesn't last for beans....and aluminum can be anodized but isn't as strong, so those spokes have to be very low guage (bigger)....which is what industry nine does, i think they make their spokes out of aluminum so that they can be anodized rather than painted.....the fat spokes look really trick though!

I'm pretty sure all that was right, correct me if I was wrong....