Quantcast

Come FALL DOWN in Port Angeles

ods

Monkey
Feb 22, 2008
Port Angeles
I'd be saddened if there weren't 10-12 from our group. I know for sure we have at least 6 going as of right now.

Flyers are posted at our shop! Never heard of that last trail listed on it, so I guess I HAVE to go!!!
Well it's a special run, with a little climbing but a lot of dhing. It starts and ends at a little different spots so it's a little tough legistically, but I'm working on it. Hopefully there will be a van and trailer that will make it work, not sure yet. They are independant of ODS, and they may charge a couple of bucks, but it's worth it.

I thought you did it once Andy, it's the trail off the backside that goes all the way down to the Elwha? It might be better to do on a more private day, we'll see.

jumping_jesus

Monkey
Jan 23, 2006
in your mind
oh yeah i remember riding and getting lost on that trail last year sounds like you guys might have it better marked now though. Im not sure if andy was there that day though.

ods

Monkey
Feb 22, 2008
Port Angeles
Just keeping it on the hot plate.

We'll be hard at work this weekend prepping for this, hope to see a grip of you. We've got 3 trucks reserved for speedy service!!!

ods

Monkey
Feb 22, 2008
Port Angeles
I will be posting the current weather every morning for the next few days. It has only rained a little bit this week, not enough to puddle or anything. At this point it's saying rain Friday, light showers Saturday and dry/cloudy Sunday. Wouldn't that be great!
Updates will be at
www.olympicdirtsociety.blogspot.com

Pullshocks

Chimp
Mar 2, 2005
I haven't been over for a couple years and it sounds like there is a lot of new. Is there an up to date map I can download?

ods

Monkey
Feb 22, 2008
Port Angeles
I will have a fresh map up at the billboard showing all the trails. If you have any specific questions, just ask.

In the last couple of years we have added: King Diamond (steep technical), Braeburn (super fast with a handful of floaters), Double Bypass (tight, off-camber), and Falcon Punch (twisty little gully trail that needs some riders on it). Other than that, we have put in a random jump here and there.

ods

Monkey
Feb 22, 2008
Port Angeles
Hey Ya'll,

Its 5:00 sat. evening the sun is out! it has rained off and on today. Our local forecast is calling for a pretty decent day tomorrow. Was on the hill ten minutes ago and a rider came down claiming some fairly epic riding will go down sunday based on the rip he just had! So my report is that its "Going Off"!

C-ya tomorrow, Casey

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Oh, what an awesome day of riding!!! To those of you who chose not to go for fear of rain, mud, etc. all I can say is...SUCKERS!!! It was just a little wetter than hero-dirt, but not by much. After a full summer of dusty as hell riding, this was just what the doctor ordered!!!

Thanks once again to ODS for running a great event on such a killer hill. Looking forward to the next one already! :D

andres611

Chimp
Jun 28, 2007
Hey I saw some people taking pics around the trails. Any idea where I can take a look at them? Will they be posted somewhere?

rigidhack

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
In a Van(couver) down by the river
As a first time rider there, I have to say PA is very cool! I met a bunch of cool people, rode a ton of awesome trails, and managed to get through the day with only a slightly twisted ankle (Railage gap gone horribly wrong) and a mildly bruised ego (washout bail on the wood ramp right in front of the shuttle line). Look forward to doing that again! (Well, the trails and the meeting cool people, not the bailing.)

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
As a first time rider there, I have to say PA is very cool! I met a bunch of cool people, rode a ton of awesome trails, and managed to get through the day with only a slightly twisted ankle (Railage gap gone horribly wrong) and a mildly bruised ego (washout bail on the wood ramp right in front of the shuttle line). Look forward to doing that again! (Well, the trails and the meeting cool people, not the bailing.)
Glad you made the journey with us, Chris...awesome riding with you once again!!! Been too long. That was quite the spectacular bail on Railage and I can honestly say I was glad I had a front-row-seat to it!:D Also glad you came out of it ok, of course!