Quantcast

Come on down!!!

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
So I really have no desire to ride Big Bear EVERY weekend how about we get something together down here in SD or the surrounding area? I was thinking of maybe hitting up 2-4 different spots....anyone interested in riding here???.....D

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
No way. 10t is only for freeriding, and you know you'll never be able to keep up with hardtail racerboy with that pulley.

Edit: Oddly enough, I just got an email from Manny and crew that they're riding local on Sunday...it's a good venue; lots of short shuttles will be the order of the day.

MD

R

Rabie

For all attending, be advised that you should NOT ride BB racerboy style on SD freeride trails. Bad things happen.

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Rabie said:
For all attending, be advised that you should NOT ride BB racerboy style on SD freeride trails. Bad things happen.
Indeed, dabbing is allowed in SD (pass San Clemente southwards...)
So anyways, what can possibly go wrong by using a 10 pulley when you're supposed to use 11 pulley? Btw, this is not a freeride question so Rabie and Pegboy aren't qualified to respond.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
BMXman said:
So I really have no desire to ride Big Bear EVERY weekend how about we get something together down here in SD or the surrounding area? I was thinking of maybe hitting up 2-4 different spots....anyone interested in riding here???.....D
Sorry to put this back on topic...

Which day(s) were you thinking?

I found out late last night that I may have to be in SD on Friday morning for work (although I'm supposed to have the day off... :mumble: ), so I'd be up for a midday/afternoon ride.

R

Rabie

Orven said:
Indeed, dabbing is allowed in SD (pass San Clemente southwards...)
So anyways, what can possibly go wrong by using a 10 pulley when you're supposed to use 11 pulley? Btw, this is not a freeride question so Rabie and Pegboy aren't qualified to respond.
That's nonsense. Using a 10t pulley rather than an 11t can cause chain compression. Freeriders know this cause chain compression can cause you to loop out on wheelie drops. Ratios and all that.

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Rabie said:
That's nonsense. Using a 10t pulley rather than an 11t can cause chain compression. Freeriders know this cause chain compression can cause you to loop out on wheelie drops. Ratios and all that.
No credibility whatsoever. Unless it's coming from Jm, Zedro or other online engineers, I don't believe it. I can listen to Pegboy because he actually knows the difference between a rate and a ratio, but still, that's being generous on my part.

Feb 14, 2004
SoCal
W4S said:
Only if I get to ride down with Downhillzephyr. What kind of car do you have, zephyr? I'm thinking Ford Focus with monza tipped exhaust.
It's zeypher. Duh. lol

I'm not going to SD if that's what you mean. I don't drive (counting down to Nov...) but I do have a car, it's a stock Tacoma Prerunner. I arn't no ricer boy...

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I'm riding elsewhere on Sunday...join us...

Want to ride Noble on Friday or Monday?

Fonzie18

Turbo Monkey
MikeD said:
Poway...the city in the country.
Orvenator, I have too many XTR ders. I should be able to get a pulley for you're freeriding sesh. let me know.

The crew will be at Poway, who knows why...there's no good Dhilling there, only urban freeriding. We will start the hucking at 8am in some culdesac, PM me for directions or something but don't be GAY and post it here. :dancing:
-ALF