Quantcast

Come on in the waters fine!

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
No, the water is not fine. I just got stung by some kind of stingray or jelly fish. #Georgia #TheSouth

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
And everyone was swimming around me, so I figured I can wade in for like 2 min and come out. Nope....

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
I think the water is one of the few safe places here in AZ... execpt the brain eating parasite the lives in some of it
Watch out you don't step on rodent droppings either:

http://azdailysun.com/news/local/officials-confirm-hantavirus-death/article_9542f93e-6fb6-57c5-a401-6a19dfe9b1c1.html

Proper clean-up methods for areas that may have rodent activity can reduce the risk of contracting the disease. Those steps include:

• Open all door and windows for 30 minutes before cleaning.
  • Do not stir up dust by vacuuming, sweeping, or any other means.
  • When rodent droppings or nests are found in and around the home, spray them liberally with a household disinfectant and allow them to soak for at least 15 minutes. Any rodent droppings and rodent nests should be sprayed with a pesticide to kill fleas before disinfecting or disposing the carcasses.
  • After disinfecting, wear rubber gloves and clean up the droppings with disposable materials such as paper towels, rags or disposable mop heads.
  • Seal all materials, droppings or nests in double plastic bags and dispose of them in the trash.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Having researched it now, pretty sure it was a motherf*&$ing stingray.