Quantcast

Come to me MOLLY

gackrider24

Monkey
Jun 4, 2007
NJ
I just ordered myself one of them there USB MOlLy Maguire frames
im super pumped for it to arrive at my door. Cait wait just thought id let u guys know

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
rock & roll.

She's really getting around these days, daddy must be proud.

I'm assuming it was a V-brake version? ...curious to see what set-up you put on there.

gackrider24

Monkey
Jun 4, 2007
NJ
yea she is gettin quite popular with the lads these days. Its gonna take me a while to get her all built up im using parts from my current hardtail and old avid arch rival v brakes off my old xc bike. gold label 80mm
atomlab pimps, i am planning on putting demolition lt's i was wondering how tough they are Satori i saw that u said good things i felt like it would be a sin to put my heavy 41 thermals on it plus i wanna keep the old bike in tact to build up again someday. besides a new frame is an excuse to update to fresh parts :lighten:. Im trying to imagine what it will ride like but i 'll just have to wait i suppose. Ill definately post her up when shes ready to rock but its gonna be a while until i start working and having money to spend again. darn this winter stuff

Leethal

Turbo Monkey
Oct 27, 2001
Avondale (Phoenix)
Awesome thanks for the purchase...

The Demolitions are definitely hit right now although, 41 Thermals + Ti spindle would be a fantastic combo...

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
Nice! You are gonna love it. I was riding my gen4 last night. It definetly rides better than my old one not to mention how much lighter it is.

gackrider24

Monkey
Jun 4, 2007
NJ
i was at hackettstown skatepark yesterday riding the gack on some of its last sessions before the molly comes in when a couple mtb guys show up one of which had a brown 990 molly and the other was a blk market mob. i was trying to resist temptation as i wanted to keep the new feel of the frame a suprise, but i couldn't help myself and rode both of the bikes. I was blown away by the difference in performance these bikes had from the gack. I knew the gack was outdated, but it felt like going from a school bus to a ferrari. I only rode them for a second so i wouldnt hate my bike. at a glance they looked as though they werent much different in size and geometry. The ride quality however was far from similar the steep short angles and short chainstays made such a huge difference it felt like everything was effortless. The change in weight manueverablity were unbelievable. Im rambling but i really cant help it now i cant wait until my molly frame comes in.

gackrider24

Monkey
Jun 4, 2007
NJ
My molly frame came in this afternoon shes a beauty. Im super excited to get it put together. i just need more money to buy some cranks and hubs etc.
Im not sure how much i can say for the mob compared the molly. They both felt very aggresive and maneuverable compared to the old gack. I havent had much expierience on much else besides some equally outdated specialized p1s. I only rode them both very briefly so i didn't get the full effect of what i was capable of. They both manualed and nosemanualed and steered more agressively than my gack. They had similar ride qualities, just depends what u want. If u want 24s and v brakes go molly if u want 26s and disc go with the mob or a similar hardtail frame. They were both beautiful setups and felt like very capable bikes

gackrider24

Monkey
Jun 4, 2007
NJ
im about half way i got the fork and front wheel and bars set up today my wheel is in the shop getting built up. I stole a wheel off my buddy's cruiser to see how it sits and everything. Im running out of money pretty quick though i still need to order cranks seat/post and a couple other tid bits before shes completed