Quantcast

comfortable dh seats

blacky

Monkey
Nov 1, 2001
sedona,az
anything new? i've used the big tioga. and the azonic lounge i think its called (biggest one) for a couple years. nice durable seat but after 30 miles oh-me oh-my numb butt time. is there anything softer ? maybe with a some gel that still has a decent shape for steerering?

dhmtbj

Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Boston
Just rock an xc seat. Those big seats aren't meant for extensive sitting or pedalling...more just padding your junk if you slip the pedals.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
selle italia flite titanium rails. best seat i've used and its like 200 grams i hate those stupid big seats its a bunch of weight and padding for no reason. you don't need to sit when you are riding dh.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
At one point, I always used Fizik road seats, however, I had one break and the rails went into my leg. OUCH! Anyway, I have decided to go with some light DH seats. I hate the way big seats feel and look, so I run a nice SDG seat...

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Look at the titec berserker seat series, they are all pretty much the same, except color and kevlar on the back. THe berserker is my favorite seat. Its on my hardtail. I do xc, fr, dj, dh and it works well for everything.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
i love my brooklyn dh saddle. i find it to be quite comfortable and i have done a handful of trail rides with it since it was on my freeride hardtail.

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
wtb rocket v stealth is a pretty damn nice seat, sub 200grams, ti rails, fairly small, and comfortable on longer rides. I also liked my lazer v from wtb as well.

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
The berserker's from Titec I found too slipery. I didn't like them but whatever floats your boat.

I like the WTB power V and laser V seats. The more DH sized ones. They aren't overly big but have good padding and such (if that's your thing). I have a chromo-railed one and a Ti railed one. Their seats seem to be pretty strong as well.

I'd just stay away from the "Love" style seats from Azonic, those are really too big and funky.

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
Spunger said:
I'd just stay away from the "Love" style seats from Azonic, those are really too big and funky.
Yeah not doubt. I had one for my uzzi and took on a pretty long trail ride for the first time because it was comfy...damn my arse was sore, and it chaffed the heck out of my thighs. Took that puppy off and never sat on it again.

trailhacker

Turbo Monkey
Jan 6, 2003
In the hills around Seattle
I'm not sure of which model it is exactly, but WTB makes a style of seat that has a lot of cut-outs on the bottom of the seat (more than just the numbnutz channel) so that it gives a lot. Then on the top side you can get a version that has gel pads. Thats about the most comfy all around seat I've had since the old school SDG full Kevlar. Before they got all norrow and racer like.
They are available in Ti rail too if you want to save a few grams, but altough it seems they should be stronger, I bent the crap out of mine the first day riding when I went OTB.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
i think you mean the WTB Laser, which is a great saddle. I recommend the WTB Rocket as well if you are skinny and/or want something even lighter.

-r

trailhacker said:
I'm not sure of which model it is exactly, but WTB makes a style of seat that has a lot of cut-outs on the bottom of the seat (more than just the numbnutz channel) so that it gives a lot. Then on the top side you can get a version that has gel pads. Thats about the most comfy all around seat I've had since the old school SDG full Kevlar. Before they got all norrow and racer like.
They are available in Ti rail too if you want to save a few grams, but altough it seems they should be stronger, I bent the crap out of mine the first day riding when I went OTB.

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
i have a wtb power v and it is awsome doesn't leave you butt num after every ride and the trails near me a extremely rocky

SXtrailrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
go with the laser v DH or rocket v stealth from WTB they are both comfertable and they don't get the way with our stering

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Seats are a personal thing.

Personally I liked the Tioga DH saddle for what it was. I now run a Tioga XL. It has the same shell as the DH but with much less padding (more than the XC seats) The XL is an inch or two long.

I actually prefer it. The Tioga XL is not a lightweight seat.....but I haven't bent the rails with my amble rump. ;) I have a WTB saddle (laser or Speed?) that I didn't like but it is lighter just can't ride very far with it. :rolleyes: I never liked the Flite saddles (again personal preference) the are the ultimate butt plug but wieght weenies swear by it and the look real nice on a bike.

The XL is tough and comfy, FOR ME, your rump may vary.

There are tons of saddles out their ask around and try them on your buddies bikes and see what "feels right" Only you and your arse knows for sure.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
My favorite seat setup is a DJ style seat, i have run light xc seats but in the rare event i do f up :rolleyes: i like to be able to hit my junk and recover...