Quantcast

Coming Soon: DJ's at the new house

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
We moved here in January, and I definitely have been planning some dirt jumps for a while here, and I would love some outside opinions. Anyway, here are my plans:

1. Ladder drop-in or roll-in from about 8-10 feet up perched between these two trees and dropping at the property light pole.

2. The "Lane" that I have cleared for the jumps so far is approximately 114 feet long and 13 feet wide at it's narrowest section, which could make for a pretty big line. I am thinking between 13-18 foot doubles with some pretty steep lip and trannys, and have one side be a big line and another side be more mellow jumps. Also, I want to make a tabletop outside of the Main Line that will be about 15 feet with some descent lip for "warming-up" or for people who won't ride the big line.

3. Also, the "Lane" makes a small turn at the end so there could either be a berm at the end or a hip jump both ways. I am planning to clear out a little more on the end into the yard.

There is a lot more space for plenty of stuff to be built, but right now I am just in the planning stage. Any and all suggestions are welcome, and I will announce build days when I get the dirt, logs, and lumber at the house, hopefully by the end of August.

And here are some rough Panorama pics to give you an idea of the entire area we have to to work with. It's much bigger than it looks, and everything is shaded along with a very gentle slope from top to bottom.

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
Well this is the first step in making it happen Josh. I know I've been saying it for a while but now it can actually be implemented, it's now a simple matter of $$$ and a source for dirt.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
WKC said:
Well this is the first step in making it happen Josh. I know I've been saying it for a while but now it can actually be implemented, it's now a simple matter of $$$ and a source for dirt.

I can't help you with $$$, but if you dig out the transitions between the landing and takeoff you can make your jumps big without much dirt up top

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
Gotcha. One of my friends has a ton of trees at a nearby property that have been cut down. We are going to chop them up into about 1.5-2 foot lengths and use them for support and to help fill the inside of the jumps, which will definitely save a lot of dirt.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
chicodude said:
I can't help you with $$$, but if you dig out the transitions between the landing and takeoff you can make your jumps big without much dirt up top
Be carefull with drainage though, thats a great idea and works well, as long as you plan for a way to drain the negatives.

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
Yes, dirt is expensive, which is why I have postponed the start date a few times. My house is off of Fleming Road between Bryan Blvd. and Pleasant Ridge Road, near PTI Airport.

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
I know you probably are just trying to find a way
to make up for lack of dirt, but filling jumps with logs
is redneck ghetto! I'll occasionally put small logs
or planks on backsides to help form jumps but
take them away when dry.
Using them as filler is a nightmare in the future.
If you ever want to change them its a headache!
and after some weather and reshaping- jumps
change, become thinner and you will eventually hit
logs which will become a bump in the lip or landing.
Try to use some other resources to get dirt.
Is there somewhere nearby to transfer dirt in
a Bobcat or try construction sites, pool companies whatever
they will give away dirt sometimes. This spot
is ideal, dirt is a beautiful thing if used correctly.
You would have a dreamscape of a yard with some
5 ft tall mounds and flowers and srubs planted
around. P.S. digging between trannys may be
a little rooty with the size of the trees here.
If you do this use a back hoe to dig holes and
they work good for making dirt piles for jumps Good Luck
would like to see pics afterwards!