Quantcast

Coming to Charlottesville

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
Is it worth bringing my bike? Be there 2 days but I'll be in class during the daylight hours.

Is there good street riding to be had? Around the UVA campus perhaps?

Also, I'd like some suggestions for places to crash that are not expensive but still centrally located, and any tasty restaurants or places to catch some good live music on a tuesday night.

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
plenty of great riding around the UVA campus. bring your bike. and warm clothes.

for tasty eats and good tunes, hit up the Downtown Mall. shouldn't be hard to find and if you're having trouble, ask any person you see for directions. there are plenty of good restaurants on the Mall, and still lots more strewn around the city. mainly depends on your budget. for live music I would look into the Outback Lodge, Starr Hill, or the .C-ville Pavilion (on the Downtown Mall actually),

not sure about lodging but there must be some cheap motels around town that you can get for low $$
have fun!

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
I did indeed bring my bike, went for a long street ride in the cold last night and hit a pretty awesome skatepark on McIntire (sp?) this afternoon. I never really do the park thing, it just happened to be right across from my class.

I ended up getting a crappy motel on Emmet and wandering across town in search of food/drink. Most of the downtown was pretty dead but I ended up finding a good crowd and some even better beer at the South Street Brewery.