Quantcast

Coming to the dark side via a General Lee 24

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
I'm running 33-13 on mine. (~60") It feels pretty good once it's moving but doesn't accelerate that fast. At the track it's fine because I have a good roll in but when I ride park it tends to feel a little sluggish.

I just ordered some Eastern Dragon Bars (7.5" rise). They should be here in a couple of days. I think I'll be pretty happy with them. About all I have (or want) to upgrade is the stem and BB at this point.
Wow, that's steep. I'd make my calves pop like balloons, where I ride.

You will like the taller/wider bars.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Both of my wheels are nicely bent now. I never bent a front wheel before.

I ordered some black skyways.
My front wheel is a little wavy as well.

Now wait a minute, you were making fun of me for giving you 80's flashbacks for having my bars too far forward and you are getting skyways? :brow: :busted:

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
My front wheel is a little wavy as well.

Now wait a minute, you were making fun of me for giving you 80's flashbacks for having my bars too far forward and you are getting skyways? :brow: :busted:
You should tilt your handlebars forward "California style." And get like a 2 1/2 foot long seatpost.

Not many choices for wheels. It's $100 Skyways or $400 Halos. Sun Superstocks can be had for $150, but I don't think they would last long.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
You should tilt your handlebars forward "California style." And get like a 2 1/2 foot long seatpost.
Excellent idea!

Not many choices for wheels. It's $100 Skyways or $400 Halos. Sun Superstocks can be had for $150, but I don't think they would last long.
Can you build your own? Seems like you could put together a decent wheel set for under $200 DIY.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
My buddy rides a Haro X24, like our bikes, and EASILY bent his new custom 48 spoke $150 rear wheel. He rides Skyways now and they are holding nicely. I decided to avoid spoked wheels based on his experience.

If I get a year out of them before they break, I'll be happy.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
How are you liking them? And where to purchaseee?
I think they are great. They are just a little bit heavier than spokes. Having the wheel bounce back from hits that would bend a spoked wheel makes the extra weight worth it.

Twice today at the jumps,I had girls just walk up and start chatting me up. Just obviously flirting.

IS IT THE SKYWAYS?

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
They are 6.5" bars. They are good for average height. If you are taller, get 7-8" bars.

jdschall is taller and has this bike too. He has even bigger bars. Maybe he could chime in.

Bryan67

Chimp
Nov 23, 2007
Fresno, Ca.
Thats weird. I`m 6'2" and have always ran regular cruiser bars. Usually around 6" rise. The last cruiser I had I did run a top load stem and it felt a lot better than an inverted one though. I never tried a taller bar.