Quantcast

Commencal 2011 Testing

Lelandjt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
I hurt my left index finger last season and had to brake the front like that for 2 months. Now that I'm healed I catch myself doing when I'm riding casually around town. I think it opens up my grip and doesn't allow as good a hold on the bars so I never do it when really riding.

worship_mud

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2006
is it just me, or does it really look as if steve jones and john terry were seperated at birth???

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2009
Not on Gee's bike. Gee is sponsored by Conti, not sure about the other guys

If you watch the video, they have maxxis on all the other bikes. And even on that 3rd prototype they have some high rollers on it. As well as a huge stockpile of maxxis tires

cableguy

Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
Southern California
On all those test bikes they had maxxis tires, but aren't they sponsored by Continental?
If you watch the video, they have maxxis on all the other bikes. And even on that 3rd prototype they have some high rollers on it. As well as a huge stockpile of maxxis tires
You just changed what you said initially. Like I said, only Gee is sponsored by Conti as far as I know. Do you know in fact the other riders are? If they aren't, why wouldn't they want to use Maxxis or whatever they normally ride?

Jan 12, 2009
You just changed what you said initially. Like I said, only Gee is sponsored by Conti as far as I know. Do you know in fact the other riders are? If they aren't, why wouldn't they want to use Maxxis or whatever they normally ride?
OK. Well if you watch the video like I said, ALL the bikes including GEE's bike have maxxis tires.

3:00 - 4:00 watch it.

cableguy

Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
Southern California
OK. Well if you watch the video like I said, ALL the bikes including GEE's bike have maxxis tires.

3:00 - 4:00 watch it.
All the bikes look the same or similar in the video. Can't tell who's bike is whose. Can't tell that Gee's bike was in the video. Pictures of Gee with a bike in the article have Conti's. He races with Conti's and used them for Red Bull Rampage too. I think you are making a big deal out of nothing.

Jan 12, 2009
All the bikes look the same or similar in the video. Can't tell who's bike is whose. Can't tell that Gee's bike was in the video. Pictures of Gee with a bike in the article have Conti's. He races with Conti's and used them for Red Bull Rampage too. I think you are making a big deal out of nothing.
Good god, I just posted a comment about how its weird that they don't ride their sponsor's tires. This is why the internet is so stupid. Maybe your making a big deal about it! :thumb:

cableguy

Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
Southern California
Good god, I just posted a comment about how its weird that they don't ride their sponsor's tires. This is why the internet is so stupid. Maybe your making a big deal about it! :thumb:
Yeah, thanks for calling me "stupid." Nothing you posted has shown me that he wasn't using Conti tires. Video show some bikes with Maxxis tires on them. Can't tell if any of them are Gee's. Pictures show Gee's bike with the Conti's. Pictures of other riders have Maxxis on them. So f*ck off.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
I can't count how many Pros in the past raced on ether Michelins or Maxxis tires with the brand name marked over. Hell I knew of a few that had their brands stickers on the tires......... I always laughed at that. Hell I am just lucky I have always had a deal with Michelin!!!!!

Cecil

P.T.W

Monkey
May 6, 2007
christchurch nz
LOL this thread is typical RM gold as of late...2 pages and we have comments on middle finger braking, lookalikes, and a E fight over tyres:thumb: not one post on the actual prototype frame:rolleyes:

Lelandjt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
LOL this thread is typical RM gold as of late...2 pages and we have comments on middle finger braking, lookalikes, and a E fight over tyres:thumb: not one post on the actual prototype frame:rolleyes:
I see this as an improvement. Since we know nothing about the frame the alternative is baseless assessments. Now lets talk about ring finger braking and full length vs 3/4 length sleeves.

Jan 12, 2009
Yeah, thanks for calling me "stupid." Nothing you posted has shown me that he wasn't using Conti tires. Video show some bikes with Maxxis tires on them. Can't tell if any of them are Gee's. Pictures show Gee's bike with the Conti's. Pictures of other riders have Maxxis on them. So f*ck off.
:rolleyes: