Quantcast

Commencal Furious

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts
It’s new DH bike (or at least frame) time for me this year. I’ve been eyeballing the Furious. I haven’t raced in a few years, and don’t plan it this year. Maybe one at my local mountain (Thunder). I know Commencal markets this as more of a park bike than their race steed, the Supreme. I like the idea of a bike better suited to playfulness rather than point and shoot/plow bikes. Anyone have any saddle time on the Furious? I’m curious to how it handles the gnar (east coast rox). Also curious about the sizing. I’m 6’2” with a long wingspan.

HeadMaster

Chimp
Feb 8, 2019
I’m 6’2” 175 lb long wingspan. Usually have to buy long or slim fit clothes. Have an xl furious and run 50mm stem 820 bars. Fits like a dream.

I had to create a new account so will post pics once I’m off probation

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I’m 6’2” 175 lb long wingspan. Usually have to buy long or slim fit clothes. Have an xl furious and run 50mm stem 820 bars. Fits like a dream.

I had to create a new account so will post pics once I’m off probation
finally decided to stop lurking eh? welcome!

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
It’s new DH bike (or at least frame) time for me this year. I’ve been eyeballing the Furious. I haven’t raced in a few years, and don’t plan it this year. Maybe one at my local mountain (Thunder). I know Commencal markets this as more of a park bike than their race steed, the Supreme. I like the idea of a bike better suited to playfulness rather than point and shoot/plow bikes. Anyone have any saddle time on the Furious? I’m curious to how it handles the gnar (east coast rox). Also curious about the sizing. I’m 6’2” with a long wingspan.
Big bike for a big boy. Gotta get an XL brah!

Why you no want Fuzz no more?

HeadMaster

Chimp
Feb 8, 2019
It’s a superdelux rc3. 450lb coil. The fork was clearance but it’s not bad 1st ten rides after a complete rebuild (notchy bushings after).

Bike just shreds. Super neutral and balanced in the air ( could be one of the most instantly comfortable jumping bikes I’ve had). Leverage ratio on the XL is a little more progressive which feels awesome with the coil. I was a little nervous about the slightly longer chain stays compared to what I normally ride in the bike park but for everything except parking lot manuals they actually help.

Last edited:

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
I have a large Furious (currently for sale on PB, wink wink) and have really liked it. They definitely run smaller than a lot of other brands, so I'd recommend sizing up - I personally wish I had gotten the XL. The bike does jump really well and certainly favors bike park riding over uber-rough tracks, you get a little more feedback through the pedals than some other bikes on the market but I don't necessarily mind that. The frame feels very solid, has nice big bearings, and the rear suspension is nicely progressive. Mine is black and I'll say that the paint quality isn't particularly great, and I really hate their internal cable routing...but that's a 1-time pain in the ass when you're getting it built.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
+1 on the upsizing, XL for 6'2 looks spot on.
Commencal almost always do suspension and geometry right, Furious seems no exception.

Really don't rate those forks - of the 3-4 I've ridden they all felt very different in terms of stiction, the bushing clearances were all over the shop. One of four felt good, the others pretty bad.

The new Bomber 58 should be a different animal as Fox seem to have better consistency and production methods, but if you're weight conscious I'd try and find an actual number - because as at least on the Z1 - they used cheaper 6000 instead of 7000 series tubes and it adds a solid 200g or so. I can't find confirmation on whether they did that on the 58 or not. I'm suspecting you're not fussed on weight anyway though, in which case it's probably quite a good fork.