My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Last edited:

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
It's a damn fine ride. I have never jumped on another Dh bike and felt as comfortable as on my own bike. I felt that way on the supreme dh, it was ludicrous how much fun it was.

offtheedge

Monkey
Aug 26, 2005
LB
Frasier, I have read this is a "stuck to the ground" type of suspension. Obviously boosting jumps it can do, but is that saying accurate for the way it tracked and pedaled?

Also, is it a solid one piece rear, i.e. one pivot?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Frasier, I have read this is a "stuck to the ground" type of suspension. Obviously boosting jumps it can do, but is that saying accurate for the way it tracked and pedaled?

single pivot swingarm with shock linkage.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
It's beautiful. Geo numbers? I'm curious how it stacks against the current gen DHR, which looks the be a very similar suspension setup.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.

Ya, i'd say that is about right. It was easy to get off the ground when i wanted to, but it seemed like it was glued to the high speed stuff and was stable and tracked well. I was really impressed with it.

Mar 14, 2008
To Transcend: I think you said you're 5'5" right? I am quite a bit taller than you... have you seen the L/XL? Is it a lot bigger? In other words, are these bikes as small as some people say?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
No idea on the other sizes, didn't really pay attention. I believe there is a geometry chart on their website though. I felt a small fit me absolutely perfectly at 5'5".

dhr-racer

Monkey
Jan 24, 2007
A, A
No idea on the other sizes, didn't really pay attention. I believe there is a geometry chart on their website though. I felt a small fit me absolutely perfectly at 5'5".

as asked above, are does the suspention act similar to the current, NON DW, DHR, i have the single pivot model and would be quite interested in this if it is

Mar 14, 2008
To Ronan: good news then. I know the Athertons are pretty tall, but I've also heard that their bikes were pretty custom... Thanks for clarifying.

ronan

Monkey
Dec 7, 2007
Toulouse, France
the sizing seems alot different compared to the old ones, i ride/rode a 2008 L/XL and then hopped on someones 2009 L/XL and it felt huge, but after doing a few runs it felt okay, i'm 6'0/6'1

i think anyone under 6'0 it would be too big

rowlands

Monkey
Nov 26, 2006
the sizing seems alot different compared to the old ones, i ride/rode a 2008 L/XL and then hopped on someones 2009 L/XL and it felt huge, but after doing a few runs it felt okay, i'm 6'0/6'1

i think anyone under 6'0 it would be too big
do you feel alot more streched out riding the 09 compaired to the 08?

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
I rode one of those around back in May and, like Fraser, found it to feel 'just right' as soon as i got on it. Was a bit undersprung for me but the geometry felt spot-on for a pure dh bike.

Not sure about the rest of you, but i think the neon green color schemes of the past few years have gotten old. give me something a little quieter :plthumbsdown:

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I rode one of those around back in May and, like Fraser, found it to feel 'just right' as soon as i got on it. Was a bit undersprung for me but the geometry felt spot-on for a pure dh bike.

Not sure about the rest of you, but i think the neon green color schemes of the past few years have gotten old. give me something a little quieter :plthumbsdown:
:stupid:

That's a little much for me. My somewhat more subdued green Bottle Rocket is about as bright as I'm interested in.

pelo

Monkey
Jun 11, 2007
The Supreme DH sets the standard. Look at it. Slack, simple and a clean overal look. Color is more like 04-05, unfortunately. Why not white? Or that red-brownish, like on the supreme?

From what I´ve seen, BB is around 13,8" with a boxxer and Maxxis 2,5's.

ronan

Monkey
Dec 7, 2007
Toulouse, France
The Supreme DH sets the standard. Look at it. Slack, simple and a clean overal look. Color is more like 04-05, unfortunately. Why not white? Or that red-brownish, like on the supreme?

From what I´ve seen, BB is around 13,8" with a boxxer and Maxxis 2,5's.
that version is the superteam version, which is a replica of what CG rides. same with last year

you can buy a plain black version aswell, and theres a few plain white ones hanging around but thats for team members as far as i know. i've also seen some orange ones been ridden by commencal riders in vallnord so maybe that will make an appearance later in the year

sirbikealot

Monkey
Sep 19, 2001
Dundas,ON,CAN
It's beautiful. Geo numbers? I'm curious how it stacks against the current gen DHR, which looks the be a very similar suspension setup.
64.5 HA (but with commencals adj headtube you can + or - 1 degree)
14.2 " bb height

they are different suspension designs, this is a single pivot with the rod and rocker "Contact system", this allows a progressive curve in the shock rate

sirbikealot

Monkey
Sep 19, 2001
Dundas,ON,CAN

but they show up so nice in pics ;)

anyways lets just say at my meeting with Max and the Athertons a special version is coming:biggrin:

sirbikealot

Monkey
Sep 19, 2001
Dundas,ON,CAN
To Transcend: I think you said you're 5'5" right? I am quite a bit taller than you... have you seen the L/XL? Is it a lot bigger? In other words, are these bikes as small as some people say?
these bikes aren't smaller than normal, so far on our team we have had anyone 5'11" or bigger go for the l/xl

although to be honest if you are a serious racer and get fitted as our racers are we have 1 guy riding the l/xl at 5'10" because the top tube length is right for his torso, and when you're tryin to hit Pro Podiums, every bit of pedalling efficiency is needed

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
Stay away from Crackencal.

I'm not joking, it will spoil your season half way through when it cracks and you have to wait for a replacement frame. Then you get to hear "this has never happened before" while you know several people with cracks on exact same places. :plthumbsdown:

ronan

Monkey
Dec 7, 2007
Toulouse, France
Stay away from Crackencal.

I'm not joking, it will spoil your season half way through when it cracks and you have to wait for a replacement frame. Then you get to hear "this has never happened before" while you know several people with cracks on exact same places. :plthumbsdown:
wheres did yours crack?

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
wheres did yours crack?
Mine and two other 4xers cracked on the TT where the shock sits. Also know of a Supreme that cracked on the drive side CS and where the HT got streched out.

Only one of the 4xers were huckflipped, and one other (pelo's) had only been ridden agressive XC on. Mine, was mostly ridden agressive XC as well, and some light DH. The bikes were well taken care of and were only a few months old...

Last edited:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
64.5 HA (but with commencals adj headtube you can + or - 1 degree)
14.2 " bb height

they are different suspension designs, this is a single pivot with the rod and rocker "Contact system", this allows a progressive curve in the shock rate
This are official numbers? The 14.2'' bb is with what fork?

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
i dunno where he cracked his but i do know that fabien pedemaud broke 8 commencal front triangles in his world cup season last year. But maybe they fixed this for the 2009 commencals.
He was on a Morewood last season. Do you mean the season before that? Not sure if you can compare the 2007 bikes he was on to the current (and completely different) 2009 models.