Quantcast

commencal?

marshalolson

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2006
i am thinking about carrying a few commencal bikes here at the shop...

i want to expand our mtb/fr/dh stuff, will be starting a race team, represent at MSC, and have some cool freeride type stuff cooking... but all we do is transition, giant and yeti. we will probably never sell a 303, so really the only dh and freeride bikes we'll represent are glory's and blindside's. i just think a 3rd option would be a good thing...

what are your thought? i have always thought they both rode great and looked hot. but really only have limited time on them.

i'd love a little feedback and such... good, bad or indifferent.

thanks!

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
For me they are different class than giants and transiton. Customizable geo(the best idea, you never know until you try), good numbers too + very flickable susp from what I hear. They are also quite light. I digg the idea.

dirttastesgood

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2006
CT
Only rich tools like you buy 303's.....even though unlike many other people we know you can actually ride your 303 faster than 10 mph.

DHRracer

Monkey
Sep 29, 2004
i am thinking about carrying a few commencal bikes here at the shop...

i want to expand our mtb/fr/dh stuff, will be starting a race team, represent at MSC, and have some cool freeride type stuff cooking... but all we do is transition, giant and yeti. we will probably never sell a 303, so really the only dh and freeride bikes we'll represent are glory's and blindside's. i just think a 3rd option would be a good thing...

what are your thought? i have always thought they both rode great and looked hot. but really only have limited time on them.

i'd love a little feedback and such... good, bad or indifferent.

thanks!
If you're in the states the nice thing is BTI is the Distributor you would'nt have to stock alot,then you could order with a build kit.Nice option for smaller shops as well as the line is pretty nice

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Rode the Supreme DH at Interbike (from the BTI tent) and nearly creamed myself... it's smooth and flickable for sure. I hope to own one by this time next year.
A friend of mine recently picked up a Mini DH and is really grooving on it.
The adjustable geometry is a nice bonus, indeed.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
i have had my commencal supreme dh for nearly two years now. nothing but good things to say about it.

its a lively bike, very flickable, and the grip you get from the rear suspension is just amazing. the adjustable geometry does come in handy, mine only has the adjutable head angle. dont underestimate it coz it only has 7 inches of travel, its a prime example of quality over quantity.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
personally for at least me, i go to the shop that has the brand i want, if u cant sell DH bikes i dont think commencal is your answer. where i live nobody stocks DH bikes because nobody will buy them. if they wanted the bike they wood ask.... picking up a new company is not the same as picking up a new market.

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
personally for at least me, i go to the shop that has the brand i want, if u cant sell DH bikes i dont think commencal is your answer. where i live nobody stocks DH bikes because nobody will buy them. if they wanted the bike they wood ask.... picking up a new company is not the same as picking up a new market.
It sounds to me like he has a market and just wants to add something fresh.

Commencal would be a good choice IMO.

marshalolson

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2006
yeah pretty much. we'd just need to order a few to open up and such, and can then special order whatever folks might want. nice and easy. just looking for something fresh and different. especially after transition screwed us on our "supposed" to be protected territory. :disgust:

ps: i just noticed the "credits" thing. am i supposed to donate money to keep the lights turned on here?