Quantcast

comments needed

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
aight, i'm planning on getting a BMX ride...my first one. i don't like getting something used 'cause i tend to tear it up pretty fast (not sure if i'm hard on stuff, or if i just have bad luck with used stuff), so figure i might as well get something new and good. i live in Austin, home of T1...so today, i went by Trend and asked the girl some questions concerning builds and price. when i arrived, i was thinking i could build something up for around 600$ that would be pretty decent, but after i told her that i was looking at a Pitchfork and Profiles (this where the new vs. used comes in) she said it'd be around 700$ with an S&M frame. then i thought, "you know, if you're gonna spend that much, might as well support the local guys and go with T1." so then with a T1, Pitch, and Trend's mid-range build-up, it would be about 780$.

now, if i were to go that route, would i get crap from experienced BMX-ers? you know, 'cause it's a pretty sweet frame and all, and it'd be a first for me, or do you think they would respect the fact that i was trying to keep it local? i try to support the local guys when i can (Firehouse for my SS stuff). that's all i really have.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Don't get lesser equipment because you're afraid someone might laugh at you...

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Originally posted by the Inbred
aight, i'm planning on getting a BMX ride...my first one. i don't like getting something used 'cause i tend to tear it up pretty fast (not sure if i'm hard on stuff, or if i just have bad luck with used stuff), so figure i might as well get something new and good. i live in Austin, home of T1...so today, i went by Trend and asked the girl some questions concerning builds and price. when i arrived, i was thinking i could build something up for around 600$ that would be pretty decent, but after i told her that i was looking at a Pitchfork and Profiles (this where the new vs. used comes in) she said it'd be around 700$ with an S&M frame. then i thought, "you know, if you're gonna spend that much, might as well support the local guys and go with T1." so then with a T1, Pitch, and Trend's mid-range build-up, it would be about 780$.

now, if i were to go that route, would i get crap from experienced BMX-ers? you know, 'cause it's a pretty sweet frame and all, and it'd be a first for me, or do you think they would respect the fact that i was trying to keep it local? i try to support the local guys when i can (Firehouse for my SS stuff). that's all i really have.
If this is your first BMX bike then why are you trying to go all out? You can get a great BMX bike at a resoanble price ($500) and you will be saving money....and unless the local brand is offering you some kind of price break for support then why pay more just because they're local?

Don't get me wrong I think T1 makes some of the best bikes out there but your money is just that....spend it how you wish and who cares what others think...do you ride for them or for yourself....JMO.....D

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
actually yeah, i'd be getting a little price break.

as for going all out...every time i've gotten a bike (mtn, road, or SS), within the following 6-12 months, i've either replaced it, or spent it's worth in upgrades.

and technically, it's not my money, it's the gov't's (i.e. - left over financial aid)...though, don't take that as me trying to justify the $$.

Ir Dan

Monkey
May 22, 2002
Orange County
BMXman is right, you can get a really great bike for about $500 and the put the extra 280 into your mountain bike, dont get me wrong though, t1s are sick bikes and it is cool to support the local company