Quantcast

Comments on Manitou Minute 2?

My Joker's currently set upwith a clapped-out '01 Marzocchi Z1. It's a decent fork, but it's getting pretty tired and I just put a good set of gouges in one stanchion.

I have a chance to buy an '04 Manitou Minute 2 with an uncut steerer for $175. I read the reviews on MTBR, which, as usual, run from slams to raves.

If it makes any difference, I weigh about 165#.

Any comments on this fork, especially on a Joker?

J

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Even if it sucks (and it doesn't *) it is only $175. If you don't like it then sell it for $200.

* not a big fan of SPV forks. I am not willing to sacrifice small bump sensitivity for efficiency. But thats just me.

Most folks I know running them, love them. I guess they are easy to work on too.....jdcamb

J

JRB

I wish I had bought one instead of my Talas. I have never gotten it to feel just right.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I almost bought an 05 Minute instead of my Reba, but the reliability issues with the Minute scared me off...

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
loco said:
I wish I had bought one instead of my Talas. I have never gotten it to feel just right.
Loco - how much do you weigh and what PSI are you running it at??

Have you tried to run it with less PSI to see if it improves the performance of the fork?

I did this and it helped a lot - too bad I had already committed to trading the Talas away :(

J

JRB

MMcG said:
Loco - how much do you weigh and what PSI are you running it at??

Have you tried to run it with less PSI to see if it improves the performance of the fork?

I did this and it helped a lot - too bad I had already committed to trading the Talas away :(
Just under 200. I run it at about 85 lbs. It feels better until I get into a series of bumps and it doesn't matter what I do, it seems to over rebound. It helps to runs less air, but it feels like it will bottom on drops. I just need to tinker, really. I seriously considered a minute when I got the Talas though. I wanted adjustability and thought the Talas would be best. I guess it is.