Quantcast

commuters, wet shorts in the rain?

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Is it the equivalent of sitting in a puddle on the side of the street?

I got in to work today after a nice cool ride in the rain and rang out my shorts, lets just say the water was super gross. Then I started reflecting on how wet they were through out my ride and got really grossed out at all the nasty street water I had been sittind in.

Do you guys just try not to think about it or am I the only person who doesn't own rain gear/ fenders to avoid issues like this. I need a shower.

weimie

Monkey
May 11, 2006
Boulder, CO
I don't think about it. I got caught in a rain storm a couple weeks ago on my ride home, it was raining so hard that it felt like the rain was cutting through my skin.

Worse is when you go to put you're shorts on for the ride home and they're STILL wet.....yuck!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
You don't think there's plenty of nasty gunk in the water/mud that gets on your shorts in a ride in the woods?

Maybe you should track down your local high school biology teacher and see if you can assist in some of their water purity tests if they do any. We used to test a couple of the local rivers and streams when I was in HS, and unless you're riding way, way far away from civilization, you're going to find lots of nasty crap in the water :p

The fecal counts for one of our local rivers were off the charts :dead:

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
binary visions said:
You don't think there's plenty of nasty gunk in the water/mud that gets on your shorts in a ride in the woods?

Maybe you should track down your local high school biology teacher and see if you can assist in some of their water purity tests if they do any. We used to test a couple of the local rivers and streams when I was in HS, and unless you're riding way, way far away from civilization, you're going to find lots of nasty crap in the water :p

Culture up a swab from those shorts and lets see what's in them! Could be an interesting experiment.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
binary visions said:

you must have me confused with someone else, I don't ride in the woods.

ktmsx

Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
CT.
whooa, whooa,whooa,hold on a minute we can take one woman talking about shorts and rain and naked but two women talking about is a bit much...I can't help but suggest pics...