Quantcast

Commuting light

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
Anyone have a light(s) on your roady for commuting? It's starting to still be dark when I leave for work. So, I was thinking about getting a light for the front of my bike. I already have a blinky red light for the back. I'd like to have something that is bright enough to give me a little better vision and make people notice. I also want to keep it under $50. I can justify that w/ gas at $3, I just can't quite justify the $300+ nightrider systems.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I have received good service from my Cyglo dual beam with a NiCad water bottle battery. I think they are around $70.00. You should be able to get away with a 10 or 15 watt single bulb for commuting.

Morryjg said:
Anyone have a light(s) on your roady for commuting? It's starting to still be dark when I leave for work. So, I was thinking about getting a light for the front of my bike. I already have a blinky red light for the back. I'd like to have something that is bright enough to give me a little better vision and make people notice. I also want to keep it under $50. I can justify that w/ gas at $3, I just can't quite justify the $300+ nightrider systems.