• Company leash

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • Moving up = company perk

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • I don't have one so I couldn't say.

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
What is the downside? If you don't they are going to ask for your personal cell # anyways. Depends on the company policy, but the majority of the policies I have seen lately are...

Company pays for what they feel is an appropriate plan to accomodate business use, and the employee can pay an upcharge for anything additional.

If the company has a STRICT no personal use policy that is pretty silly in this day and age.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
SuzyCreamcheese said:
No, don't do it. It will be an electronic leash. Woof Woof

The Cheese
hey long time no see!!!

Yeah but it's either that or when I go out to sites I have to use my personal phone.

I'm gonna be that dork you see walking down the street with 2 cell phones.

Jul 28, 2003
Eat, ME
stosh said:
hey long time no see!!!

Yeah but it's either that or when I go out to sites I have to use my personal phone.

I'm gonna be that dork you see walking down the street with 2 cell phones.
So, in other words the only difference will be the 2 cell phones, right?

Yes, I've been away a bit lately, but I'm writing reports now and so I have some time to surf on the Monkey and buy things like that bust of Elvis I've always wanted.

The Cheese

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I had a company Nextel at my last job, I had to have it on 24/7.

Nothing like hearing your boss in the middle of the night, "Hey we need a driver out here tonight, you copy?" right as you're at the moment of truth with your girl.

:nuts:

Don't get it.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I am leashed with a pager. I can't imagine how much worse a phone would be. I can be text paged by any of a hundred different people and I HAVE to respond. Fortunately it rarely happens.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
The IT-deficient hospital I work for has not moved into the 21st century. We still use pagers. And yes, I have one. For the three times a month it actually goes off, I don't mind carrying it.

PBV

Chimp
Apr 18, 2005
Boston
I'm one of the few who have a comapny phone but it works out well for me. I don't get late night calls unless I specify I can get them. On the other hand I am ALWAYS on call if **** goes down. It just rarely does.

The good part is I don't pay for ANY phone. Company pays all private calls as well. I don't even bother having a land line. Works out well for me.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I Are Baboon said:
The IT-deficient hospital I work for has not moved into the 21st century. We still use pagers. And yes, I have one. For the three times a month it actually goes off, I don't mind carrying it.
Sounds like you work with me at Kaiser Permanente.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Ciaran said:
Sounds like you work with me at Kaiser Permanente.
pagers don't disrupt medical equipment. cell phones are said to do so...