Quantcast

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
A Bar I go to all the time has a cheese steak eating contest, winner gets a free cheese steak a day for a year. They started the contest about a month ago and right now it stands at 3 in an hour. So all I have to do to get free cheese steaks for a year is consume 4 in an hour.

Any monkeys have suggestions for prepping my stomach?

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Yea, I guess that would be the obvious thing to do. I was wondering if anyone had any game day prep suggestions or techniques.

I'm probably going to give it a try this weekend, I don't want to wait too long or someone will get 4 before I get a chance to beat it. I might use thanksgiving dinner as a warm-up.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I would just swallow a bunch of this stuff before it has a chance to expand.

It could be toxic, but what doesnt kill you will only make you stronger.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Your reward for eating way too much food that is bad for you is more of the same ?

Sounds like the fast track to Fatty Town.
I eat at least 2 cheese steaks from this place a week (they have the best in town) so by my math if I win this contest it will save me 832 dollars over the next year. And I ride 100+ miles a week on top of other exercising so I'm not worried about the calories.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Everyday for a month you should wash down 10 packs of pop rocks with a liter of soda while jumping up and down, the gasses will expand your stomach a little each day creating more capacity. Be careful not to mix your flavors, you want it tasting as good coming up as it did going down.

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
I'm no competitive eater but I'd take a page out of Kobayashi's book and eat the meat and bread separate. Dunk the bread in water to soften it up and go down easy.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Drink a full gallon of water as fast as you can for rapid expansion of your stomach the day before and you should be able to get an extra one down.

Also definitely split up the meat from the bread.

Sit down and continually watch man vs food on the travel network.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I have watched a special on this before. Salad is the key. It totally fills your stomach but you don't pack on unwanted carbs/calories. Just eat 2 pounds of salad and drink a bunch of water. Oh, and stay near a toilet.

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
Make some brownies with a full pack of exlax in it. Eat the brownies. About one hour later drink a gallon of milk. You'll be set for your try right after you get the last of the milk down.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
I have watched a special on this before. Salad is the key. It totally fills your stomach but you don't pack on unwanted carbs/calories. Just eat 2 pounds of salad and drink a bunch of water. Oh, and stay near a toilet.
I've already had 2 salads today, everything I read said that loads of fiber prior to the competition is the key. A couple competitive eaters also said they'll skip 1 or 2 meals prior to eating. I thought you didn't want to do that because it'll allow your stomach to shrink?

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
this.

im going to start to competitive eat i think. i can woof down a good amount of Nathan's hot dogs, a crave case of White Castle and a ton of other food.

preparing the day before isnt the best idea too

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
chug gallons of water until you're super bloated and go out for a run...it's what the pros do to stretch their stomachs.

to gobble a gaggle on turkey day, have a large meal the day before, but give yourself like 12 hrs before you actually eat, and only consume a few very small meals. You need to stretch out your stomach, but you don't want to be full when t-day comes.

Enjoy your barf!

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
can you puke after you eat them with out losing? if so seperate bread from meat dip bread in water, and hurl it all back out when your done:fie:
no, that's like tapping out. so much so that you even wear it when you're done, just like the shirt company.

As for water intoxication, thanks mom(s). If you're going to tell me that eating 100 cheeseburgers in 8 minutes is healthy but drinking a gallon of water and going for a run isn't, please exit the internet immediately. If you're going to stuff yourself competitively, you should know the ins and outs (HA!) of eating and the possible danger that comes with it.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Ok, that doesn't sound *too* bad. 40" of cheese steak? Hmmm, when I put it that way, it does sound pretty bad.

So my question is, the current "record" is 3. If you eat 4, then does the guy who ate 3 suddenly lose his free cheese steak offer? Or does the guy who ate one get free food, the guy who ate 2 get free food, etc? Could you go through all of this and then lose your free food if someone eats 5?

For advice, I've got nothing beyond what's already been said (eat cabbage/salad by the pound a couple weeks ahead of time leading up to the event, and separate the meat from the bread) but I say go for it! Take pictures and let us know the result.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
I have watched the IFOCE idiots in person and on TV inthe past, what I learned is what has been said with some fine details not mentioned.

The day prior eat a salad of iceberg lettuce 2-3 times throughout the day until you can't fit anymore into your body. Also drink lots of water while you eat. Do the same thing the morning of the event allowing enough time to become empty and hingry again(you will have to time this the day before).

Also seperate the bread/carbs from the meat and cheese and eat the carbs last.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
band of fat theory. loose your spare tire & you have room for more lateral gut expansion. If you don't have one, you are golden.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
eat fast. it takes about 30 minutes for your brain to know your stomach is full....

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
eat fast. it takes about 30 minutes for your brain to know your stomach is full....
I agree with this. Man vs. Food always finishes within 25-40 minutes even when he has one or more hours.

Most impressive man vs. food for me was the 72oz steak dinner.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just so you know, the post eating isht and crash will be brutal.

I won an informal comp among friends by eating 13 McDonald's cheeseburgers in 30min. I crash hard about 20-30min afterward and slept for 4-5 hours, guessing from the blood rushing to your intestines. When I woke up I had to isht like it was my job. It was a 4-5 flusher, with what looked like non-digested pieces of bread and meat being expelled from my body. It was unpleasant to say the least.

Have someone there to drive you, and a sihtter you can destroy nearby.