Quantcast

Complete Guide to Downhill Rubber

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Great for grabbing a few leaves whilst riding by squashing in your hand then inhaling to open sinuses..
if you take a couple koalas, we will throw in a handful of huntsmans to go with them.
Got to figure crap out, red pandas are illegal to own and can't get an otter...so been looking for a raccoon ...wife says no but I know the little trash panda will win her over..

I'd be cool with a koala bear, huntsman spiders hell no..keep the mambas, and all that crazy shit that wants to bite you .even the box jellyfish over there..(Australian's are solid cowboy tough for a reason)

Kangaroos are assholes...went to jindalee in Brisbane and one decided to rear up and kick me,, wouldn't stop...kept following me and doing this shit so I hit it..stupid ass kangaroo...
It stopped!! Lol

Last edited:

jrewing

Monkey
Aug 22, 2010
Maydena Oz
Got to figure crap out, red pandas are illegal to own and can't get an otter...so been looking for a raccoon ...wife says no but I know the little trash panda will win her over..

I'd be cool with a koala bear, huntsman spiders hell no..keep the mambas, and all that crazy shit that wants to bite you .even the box jellyfish over there..(Australian's are solid cowboy tough for a reason)

Kangaroos are assholes...went to jindalee in Brisbane and one decided to rear up and kick me,, wouldn't stop...kept following me and doing this shit so I hit it..stupid ass kangaroo...
It stopped!! Lol
man id trade my dogs for a trash panda!

Gary

my pronouns are hag/gis
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Anybody here use Michelins for Enduro? or ride up DH
Just took off the DH22 (up front) and Wild Enduro front (on the rear) of my 29 derp bike. I knew they were draggy. But fuck me. I've had to admit defeat as the drag when climbing is totally unbearable. Like I'm going to fucking die climbing any vaguely steep gradients on them. Had started to think I was ill or just lacking energy/power from losing a chunk of weight. But today I swapped bikes with my mate for part of a climb to see if the tyres was why I was being left behind and dieing. (he's a good bit smaller but heavier than me) almost instantly he was puffing and panting so hard he could barely talk while I (on his bike) was now spinning along easily next to him blethering shite no problem. (his bike had Assegai/DHRII maxxgrip exo+).
when I got home I swapped them out to an Assegai front and Disector rear (Both DD. both Maxxgrip) and just messing around outside the house the reduction in drag/rolling resistance was instantly noticable.
Anybody know the durometer of Michelin's gravity tyres? It can't just be Michelin's rubber compound causing all that drag tho, can it? Surely it's gotta be the casing stiffness or knob profiles? Can't really be weight as the DD Disector is a fair bit heavier than the Wild enduro, and the Assegai less than 100g lighter than the DH22

TBF I really liked them while riding chairlifted DH so will just keep them for that.

Last edited: