Quantcast

Complete Orange 224

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
Transcend said:
I agree. 8 pound pasta dinners are insane. 3.50 pounds would be a bit more inline with the rest of the world!
3 quid will buy ya 2 slices of ****ty pizza in trafagar square...

screw england, too many poms, too spendy......

parts <--- still bitter about 'the ashes' ;)

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
partsbara said:
3 quid will buy ya 2 slices of ****ty pizza in trafagar square...

screw england, too many poms, too spendy......

parts <--- still bitter about 'the ashes' ;)
Man, I watched the last 2 test matches with a bunch of english mates. ****in' good times.

Jun 11, 2005
wardys were never £400 in the uk and we charge £8 for a pasta dinner coz we brits dont wanna eat that junk

£3 for 2 pizzas is good as well - try buying pizza in italy - they KNOW how to charge

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
sweet bike, you run mich comp 16s front and back all the time? and 38t, you think that would be enough?

DHRracer

Monkey
Sep 29, 2004
How wide is the main pivot at its widest point,what BB spindle length do you run and what is the rear drop out spacing?Will you run a floating rear brake on it?And did anybody else notice front der.cable housing stops?

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
General Lee said:
wanna buy a 223 ;)
i wish. im totally broke right now and cant even sell my ridge to muster up the cash for a sovereign so a dh bike is out of the question. :(

WheelieMan

Monkey
Feb 6, 2003
kol-uh-RAD-oh
Transcend said:
Well the imports and cost of labour are part of it. Anything created in the friggin UK is astronomically expensive. (This is even more evident after spending a month there..holy crap is stuff expensive).

I think the rest of it is basically just that the market can support it unfortunately. I would love to see the price on them come down and have them in more people's hands.

The adjustability this year is indeed nice, being able to get the shock in and out and make adjustments to it easily is nice as well. Was a PITA before when things were so tight.
You even spelled "labor" like an englishman!

I like the adjustability, that's one major advantage of plain old single pivot designs. Nice looking bike, but man than thing is tiny! Makes Peat's 224 look huge!

Cooper

Chimp
May 18, 2005
Sydney, OZ
Yep great bike, the orange orange looks awsome

Great to see the 224 with a replaceable rear hanger mount.

Trancend, would you say the extra lenght is very noticable when cornering? Also do you know wether the extra lenght has been added to the top tube or the chain stays?

Is that a ti spring on the DHX, if so what make is it?

Any onther coments on the riding chacteristics/build notes would be much appericiated, as i am looking to get the 224 at the moment.

Also would you say that the E- 13 back plate designed for the Gemini DH would solve the clearence issue?

cheers + nice ride :thumb:

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Cooper said:
Yep great bike, the orange orange looks awsome

Trancend, would you say the extra lenght is very noticable when cornering? Also do you know wether the extra lenght has been added to the top tube or the chain stays?

Any onther coments on the riding chacteristics/build notes would be much appericiated, as i am looking to get the 224 at the moment.

COOPER said:
Doesnt have a chain yet, doubt there is any riding impression.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
Ian Collins said:
Looks pretty tight.....I actually like orange bikes.....i'm not a fan of single pivots, but those things rip, and I've never seen one break....and they're light
Yet you ride a DHR? :confused:

Jorgen

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
Oslo, Norway
Stay away from us here in norway where a pint cost at least 4pounds...
9-10$

But we make a shedload of money...yeah right.

Don't make me start on cars and gas-prices!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
partsbara said:
um yeah, it s bargain... a 400 pound TLD SE helmet is a sweet deal ;)

seriously, the uk is one of the most expensive places i ve been (aside form switzerland and japan)
the scandanavian countries i've been too (sweden, denmark) are no bargains either.

i met a guy in ireland who flew to NY so he could get his iron horse SGS which his buddy bought via supergo. even factoring in the air fare, he saved a considerable amount of money getting it this way rather than in ireland.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
valve bouncer said:
Footy season anyway. Stupid Poms. Know any good footy songs? Being off at the Parade today mate, grand final day. ;) :thumb:
my fave footy song:

"See Her Pee"

She had lips like stereo,
With the bass and treble down.
She's got tits like microwaves
Burritos that explode.
What I wouldn't give to see her pee...
Between 2 parked cars,
On a well lit street,
5th and main.

Laaz

Monkey
Sep 26, 2005
Slovenia, Europe
Can someone please tell me the geometry specifications....head angle and such.....

I am intending to buy one....and i need them, and i am still thinking about the size....17 or 15.....i am 184 cm......

Thanx

Cooper

Chimp
May 18, 2005
Sydney, OZ
Cooper said:
Trancend, would you say the extra lenght is very noticable when cornering?

Is that a ti spring on the DHX, if so what make is it?

Also would you say that the E- 13 back plate designed for the Gemini DH would solve the clearence issue?

cheers + nice ride :thumb:
Had any ride time?

thoughts....

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
No ride time yet, should have 2 days in this weekend. Waiting on a wheel to finish being built tommorrow.

Side note: The new 2006 e13 srs fits with a 38th ring and a small modification. You have to grind the top of the boomerang where the wear plate is by about 2-3mm to get perfectsetup otherwise it will be off by a fair amount. I used my dremel and it was done in about 5 minutes.

Crown: I only have the crown, no stem yet. Waiting on an Ali from e13 or a new thomson when they come out.