Quantcast

Complete Orange 224

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Ya, apparently orange didn't see things that way!

So we on for the weekend? I need to get a rear wheel built up on this new hub - the one on the bike is the wrong spacing and I cannot get the damn hub apart.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Damn, that baby looks low to the ground... like a freakin' rocket. It looks like it's barely over a 13" BB height - maybe my imagination?

Sweet :thumb:

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
The bottom bracket is sitting at exactly 14" right now in the second to slackest position. The 224 is able to use almost all of the shock mounting holes with a dhx 5.0 - pretty impressive.

julian_dh

Monkey
Jan 10, 2005
wow the swingarm looks really close to the seat tube though how manny holes down can you go before it touches?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Piper - fork is at a full 8"

Julian- naw there is a decent gap in there, probably about 1/2". You can steepen it up a fair amount. The shuttle now has 4 sets of holes as well, so you can really fine tune it to your liking. Saves me the time of drilling extras like i did the last few years.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
manhattanprjkt83 said:
Looks Flexy...nice bullit :rolleyes;

Sick bike transcend, are you gonna run the DH air shock?
Haven't decided yet. There is one on the way for me to try, but no word yet on if the shock rate issues have been resolved. IE: we have an air shock that won't ramp up..nutty.

I can say that just bouncing around on it feels pretty nice on the dhx coil, but a parking lot test does these shocks no justice.

Chain, pedals and new rear wheel with correct spacing all to arrive this week.

Bike is about 3/4" longer then a 223, and you feel much deeper into the bike when riding, more like you are a part of the bike, not sitting on top of it.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
caballero said:
woooh ! looks nice and fast !

congratulations...

any other important differences compared to the 223 ??
About 1lb lighter I am told, pivot in a completely different place, longer wheelbase, much more adjustability, easier to fit most shocks.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
dropmachine.com said:
Nice bikes for sure, still can't figure out why they cost what they do though. Crazy expensive!

Good job ont he shock adjustability.
Well the imports and cost of labour are part of it. Anything created in the friggin UK is astronomically expensive. (This is even more evident after spending a month there..holy crap is stuff expensive).

I think the rest of it is basically just that the market can support it unfortunately. I would love to see the price on them come down and have them in more people's hands.

The adjustability this year is indeed nice, being able to get the shock in and out and make adjustments to it easily is nice as well. Was a PITA before when things were so tight.

shagwell

Monkey
Jun 15, 2004
is your backplate in that position because the swingarm won`t allow it to move forward anymore?

i read an interveiw with steve wade recently who said that because of the pivot position now the max chainring you can run is a 38 or something, apparently peaty has run a 36 all year.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
shagwell said:
is your backplate in that position because the swingarm won`t allow it to move forward anymore?

i read an interveiw with steve wade recently who said that because of the pivot position now the max chainring you can run is a 38 or something, apparently peaty has run a 36 all year.
I was hoping no one would notice. :-) It is like that due to the swingarm, yes. I will be running a 38tooth with a modified wear plate as of this weekend.

As soon as this problem became evident, i notified weagle who has been working on a solution ever since. It is possible that the new 2006 plastics and backplate along with a 38th ring will solve the problem.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Transcend said:
Well the imports and cost of labour are part of it. Anything created in the friggin UK is astronomically expensive. (This is even more evident after spending a month there..holy crap is stuff expensive).
yes! was there this summer... talk about damn sticker shock!?!?! it's as though everything is the same price as in the US if you were to switch the $ for Pound. (and Gallon for liter ;))

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
dump said:
yes! was there this summer... talk about damn sticker shock!?!?! it's as though everything is the same price as in the US if you were to switch the $ for Pound. (and Gallon for liter ;))
Exactly. Decent (read: cheap) pasta dinners were about 8 pounds. That is friggin $16 usd. INSANITY. It is completely out of control. The only cheap stuff was a pint at 1 pound 70.

Reading my credit card statement is really ****ty. Some of my meals ended up costing me like $34. That is a sick dinner here in Montreal, booze included.

Jun 11, 2005
uk is cheap

thats a £1500 frame

the usa is expensive

V10's are £2000
M3's are £2500
Foes are £2500

its all relative and gobbled up by imported

i run a 222 and im engleesh :o)

nice ride

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
partsbara said:
um yeah, it s bargain... a 400 pound TLD SE helmet is a sweet deal ;)

seriously, the uk is one of the most expensive places i ve been (aside form switzerland and japan)
I agree. 8 pound pasta dinners are insane. 3.50 pounds would be a bit more inline with the rest of the world!