Quantcast

Compression and Rebound soft on CCDB Air CS

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
I have a CCDB Air with CS (230x60) and while it works 'okay', I find the range of compression and rebound damping pretty lousy. I bought this thing slightly used from someone that had it on a YT (don't remember which model) and it seemed to work fine when I got it. So when I 'lousy damping' range, I mean I can't get enough compression and rebound damping even with all adjusters fully cranked in. I mean, I barely notice anything with both low speed adjusters fully in.

I don't feel any air in the system. I cycled the shock with the air can off and it's charged with about 150psi in the reservoir. I reached out to Cane Creek and while I got once response asking me a few questions, I haven't heard back after I replied. There's nothing that can really break inside and the actual rebound/compressions adjusters are just ports really.

Anyone run into this before??

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Don't have much input, but on my X2, two clicks of LSC made a noticeable difference, even in a ride around the block. I think something might be wrong with your shock.

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
Hmmm...ok. I know the climb switch works. I feel a noticeable difference in the compression/rebound. I'll ask a local suspension shop to see what they say.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
CCs tuning method goes:

1 air pressure / sag
2 high speed compression, then rebound (unless rebound is way off and it's pogoing)
3 low speed compression, then rebound

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
SC Megatower

CC's list is out of date and I don't think they're maintaining it. Plus their generic settings are everything in the middle.

From fully closed:
HSR is 1/4 turn out.
HSC is about 1/3 turn out

Air pressure is fine to get 30% sag (155psi) and air pressure in the reservoir is 150psi.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
How are you checking reservoir pressure? That's not something CC intended to be user set as I believe the shock takes a nitrogen charge.