Quantcast

Computer Recommendations

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Looking for suggestions for a cyclocomputer. It's for my road bike - I don't need anything fancy - no wireless, no HR monitors, just a computer. However, I want it to be able to display distance and time in the saddle on the same screen (i.e. at the same time). An altimiter would be nice, but I'm not going to pay an extra $50 for it.

Any suggestions?

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Yea... that kind of seems to be the kicker. I don't really care how fast I'm going at any given time. After a ride I'd like to be able to go back and see what my average speed was, but when I'm actually on the bike, I want to see how far I've ridden and how long I've been pedaling.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I have one that does MPH and a scan (distance, time, avg, ?) which (to me) would be a nice comprimise to save you some $$ (mine was pretty cheap).....I cant remember what brand/model it is but I will look tonight

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I could deal with a scan if it meant I didn't have to spend $100 on the dang thing. Topeak makes a wide computer that displays 3 pieces of info at a time. That is about perfect, but the thing is like 4" wide.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
jacksonpt said:
Just ordered the Topeak...

and just when i was about to suggest a mac mini duct taped to your handlebars...