Quantcast

Computer (Router) help

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
So, i've been having some trouble with my router, in order for it to not kick me off all the time, I have to restart the router everytime I plug in a computer, or connect to the wireless network. It is a Linksys BEFW11S4 wireless-B 4 port router.

I went to the linksys site, and downloaded the upgrade firmware thing. I ran the program through my wireless card, and figured thats why it didnt work, so I plugged my laptop directly in, and tried it. It keeps giving me "Unable to get responses from the server."

Any ideas? :help:

quadricolour

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Cambria, CA
Sounds like the firmware update got ****ed up. Poke around on the Linksys site and try to figure out how to do a hard reset, resetting the router back to factory settings. Usually it's like "Hold the reset button down for 30 seconds" or something like that. Then try the firmware update again using an ethernet cable instead of the wireless connection.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Originally posted by Tenchiro
When is the last time you rebooted the router?

I tried to earlier, and I just tried again. IT WONT RESET!!

I held the button for like a minute. Than I unplugged it, held the button, and plugged it back in.

I'm about to throw it out the window!!!!:angry::angry:

And now i'm getting all these stupid pop ups

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I had this sort of problem when I first used the wireless card on my lap-top. I unplugged everything - including the router. After allowing the router to powerdown for about 5 minutes I rebooted it and everything has been fine since. I'm using the same stuff you are.