Quantcast

Computer Speakers for a Laptop

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
I'm looking at a 2.0 system for around the $100 mark. Don't worry about the I'm in Japan you're in America thing, I just want some recommendations. I'll check out the specs, availability over here and decide. I'd like something with a bit of oomph but doesn't need to go up to 11. Cheers blokes.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
The first time I listened to a Bose setup, I thought it was great.

The second time I listened to it, I was less impressed.

The third time, I determined that they were exceptionally mediocre and not worth the exorbitant price.

YMMV...

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Ridemonkey said:
I've got a set of these guys http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000C20V3/ref=nosim/104-2389775-4590357?n=172282

Except mine don't have the wood finish. My only beef is that the sub is actually too strong even when you turn it down, but if you're good with your equalizer you can get it tuned right.

Overall, good sound, good amp, good price, good looks. For sub $100 speakers I'm pretty satisfied.
2.1 eh? If you and BV reckon it's the go I'll have to have a rethink. Just did a search on Yahoo Auctions (Jpn version of E-Bay) didn't find those ones but found some similar from Creative Inspire.
Cheers for the thoughts blokes, much appreciated.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
The tiny little speakers in these setups can't push ANY bass, and you lose a lot of the sound when you make them try. So, adding a woofer into the set up lets them do all the mids and highs and the woofer can deal with the lows.

Adding the 'woofer does eliminate all chances of making it portable, though, if that's important.

Logitech makes great speakers.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Good stuff you eunuchs. The reason I've got a stiffy for speakers was because we had a BBQ here the other day and I didn't have the ability to project sound to the outdoors. Eventually my mate pulled his car close to the patio and opened the door. Obviously not an ideal situation.

So after long negotiation with Mrs VB she released funds for "laptop enhanced music appreciation purposes". Obviously any money for such purposes must go thru a thorough screening process and 2.1 systems didn't pass muster based on the universally well known "don't like it, get something smaller dickhead" factor. Fortunately after showing her many many overpriced 2.0 systems (based on the fact she don't know sh*t about speakers) she may be amenable to a suitable priced 2.1 system.