Quantcast

Concert reveiw...Flogging Molly @ Berg Abenberg

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
582123_4174871411327_446977500_n.jpg

Saw Flogging Molly last night...at a castle in Bavaria. Me and 900 or so other idiots. So much awesomeness. Good beers, good mosh pit (Although German pits are so polite...). Dave and company are so money...drummer George rock steady and fast...Bridget on the tin whistle and fiddle was at the same time aloof and apparently disconnected from all the mayhem swirling about her, yet completely on and with it. Nathan Maxwell is an incredible bass player...he is funky and cool, energetic and charismatic on stage. Fastfastfast too. Dennis Casey absoluely tortures his guitars...just an awesome band to see live!

The venue was INCREDIBLE! Berg Abenberg is a residential castle that hosts open air music fests. Very cool and mellow place to rock out. Probably 1000-1200 people there. Going to see Govmnt Mule there next month...little different headspace but cool all the same.

Last edited:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Seen them 4 times now, tired of them.

My wife won free tix to their show here a few months ago, which was cool. It came with some backstage pass thingie... we go backstage and they cram us into this duct taped (on the floor) box sidestage, which is possibly the worst place in the house to hear the show, and then ignore us. Fvck those guys. They will never get another dime of my money.

The upside is I almost got into a fight and shoved some dude outta my wifes way when he tried to move in front of her. I was hopin, just hoping he would swing. I so wanted to brawl on stage!

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Wahwahwah...so its the bands fault that you had a crappy time? You could have left...

Thats what you get for living in So Cal bro...more a$$holes and nutjobs per capita then any place in the world