Quantcast

Concert reveiw...The Mahones @ Folk im Schlossfest

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
So yesterday, ears still ringing and elbows and knees still hurting from moshing at Flogging Molly, I innocently post a message on the Mahones FB site, saying I wish I could make their show at this castle fest near me. (Fest was sold out almost immediately on release of tickets.)
I take my kids to the water park, check my messages when I get back...they have replied to my post. I am thinking its a "Sorry dude, catch you next time..." but its a "Hey, I will put you on the guest list!" message from Katie McConnell...the worlds greatest (And most photographed!) rock and roll accordian player. My buddy (Who was at FM with me the night before) gets a kitchen pass (Cost him a trip to Poland...) and we are off.

45 mins down the Autobahn...we get there and they give us VIP backstage passes...free booze and food (Salmon roast...Guinness...cheese sticks...bruscetta...) and then watch the Mahones absolutely rip it up. Lots of old grumpy Germans prevented a good mosh, but that was actually kind of okay, as I am still pretty sore from the other night. (Getting old sucks...)
A wicked awesome thunderstorm rolled in as they were playing their encore...perfectly timed!
Talked briefly to Katie after, and she was as awesome and cool as she was talented and sexy. Told her about telling Flogging Mollys Matt Hensley that he was the second best rock and roll accordianist (How many are there anyway?) and she gave me a hug...I think I am in love...but dont tell Mrs JohnE.

So much cool...and then there was a HUGE stau (Traffic jam...) on the way home. Turned a 45 minute drive into a 3.5 hour debacle. Oh well, you cant have it all...where would you put it?

Last edited:

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
..and oh yeah...also saw the hottest bagpiper I have ever seen. She was serenading the food tent during a power outage...short leather skirt and fishnet tights...motorcycle boots...damn. My stupid camera went tits up during the rain or I would give you sorry lot a snap or 2.