Quantcast

Conditions at CONE

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
For those of you of have ridden here and for those that would like to "reincarnate" these jumps, here is the lowdown. The place needs a lot of work. There are lots of roots sticking up on the main line, the 2nd double in "A-Line" needs to be built way up, and there are leaves covering up everything. I didn't ride the "B-Line" but both jumps in the line look like they need work. In the more BMX-style line, the berm need to be filled in in so it will curve with the ground, and not just be a wall of dirt. I'm going to try and get out there Tuesday of next week in the afternoon sunce it is supposed to rain Monday and Monday night, so the dirt can actually be packed. Anyway, these jumps used to be alot of fun and it would be cool to ressurect them if anyone would like to help make it happen. Here are some pics we took today of them...sorry for the small ones...

The first one in "A-Line" is still perfect.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Looks much better than I thought. Got any pics of the 6 pack? I might try and throw some dirt on Friday and just wait for some rain to pack it in. Looks like everything really really needs to be raked to get all the leaves off of the dirt so water will get to it. We'll see...

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
motomike said:
Got any pics of the 6 pack? I might try and throw some dirt on Friday and just wait for some rain to pack it in.
I did A LOT of raking Sunday, but it still needs a lot more. I don't have any pics of the 6-Pack, but the launch for the 3rd one is destroyed, but the first two are actually in descent shape. They need to be smoothed out a little bit, but otherwise they are fine. The berm is what really needs to be fixed. Dan and I might be going out there tomorrow, so I will post some updated pics if we go.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Yeah that last jump in the 6 pack would be my main focus. It got destroyed right after the guys finished the line. I don't think anybody has ever hit the whole line before. It'd be cool to get that going. It's one of the biggest doubles around.

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
Yea that jump was HUGE. It would awesome to remake it. I wanna hit that line. I think you were the only one with 26" wheels that hit that line.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
It's not that hard, you just have to get a good feel for jumping into that berm with the tree in your way. Hey, maybe we could do something about that... :sneaky:

danW

Monkey
Mar 8, 2005
Greensboro
Chase I promise I'll get out there soon - my work schedule changed today (again) ...anyway I should make it out this weekend for sure...

Thanks for all your work so far...

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
Here is come of the progress we made at Cone today, or yesterday rather. They are fun, to say the least. Mike built up the first double in the "B-Line", and we built up some of the old lines too.

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
skurfer333 said:
where is Cone? or is it an invite only trail in "Canada"....
In Greensboro right off of Cone Blvd., hints the name. :) It's not really invite-only per say, but it's too small to have a big group there. I've never seen more than 6-8 riders there at once.

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
Some more progress was made today. We built up the 2nd double in "B-Line" to near vert, and it definitely gives you some huge hang time; the pics do not do any justice. We also added some lip to one of the small, tech hips, and took out a ton of roots so make everything smoother. All in all, a good day. Props to Motomike for the pics.

danW

Monkey
Mar 8, 2005
Greensboro
...nice pics Moto - thanks!

Great work you guys have done out there! I'll get my rake out there this week and do some clean up!..it was also very inspiring ridin' with you guys - much fun :thumb: